Old memories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old memories

Does anyone remember the old club shop which was about where the gates of the Jack Tizzard school is now?

Well I call it a shop but it was basically a shed built out of breeze blocks and painted white and had a shelf behind the counter with hardly anything to sell except tea mugs and pencil cases and I vaguely remember Daphne selling football special rail tickets in there

I did buy a replica top there once in the seventies which was long sleeved and the material was so thick I always wondered how the players could run around in it for so long

Yep. Anyone remember the programme shop which was inside the Ellerslie in the 70s? Half time you could tell a steward you wanted to buy some old programmes and bunk into the Ellerslie from the Loft. It worked every time. It was a b ugger finding a seat if the game was a sell out.

Comment

Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
      Does anyone remember the old club shop which was about where the gates of the Jack Tizzard school is now?

Well I call it a shop but it was basically a shed built out of breeze blocks and painted white and had a shelf behind the counter with hardly anything to sell except tea mugs and pencil cases and I vaguely remember Daphne selling football special rail tickets in there
      I did buy a replica top there once in the seventies which was long sleeved and the material was so thick I always wondered how the players could run around in it for so long
      I think at one point it was run by a chap called Keith, who had something to dowith the supporters club side.
      I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Do you remember the times we played attractive football and got a few results.?.. I know it's been a long time but some must remember..

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          Yep. Anyone remember the programme shop which was inside the Ellerslie in the 70s? Half time you could tell a steward you wanted to buy some old programmes and bunk into the Ellerslie from the Loft. It worked every time. It was a b ugger finding a seat if the game was a sell out.
          did that myself many times

Comment

Yep remember the Old Club shop well and I too bought my first replica kit there and yes it was proper thick too. Remember Tony Igham serving me in there too, which was a bit bizarre ! Remember getting a rain jacket in there that was like our 70's away kit in two halves only in Blue and White with the Old 70's football logo stitched on, so it of course leaked.....Happy Days though !

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              did that myself many times
              Did anyone ever pay to get in in the 70s?

Comment

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndI9vkgw_1Y

Comment

Not taking p iss but she was first season you could buy replica kit

Comment

Anyone remember when it was fun at QPR?
                    Just asking
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

What about top London club?

Comment

Oooo I remember that, ian Stewart goal at Highbury helped
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Working...
                        X