Feast or Famine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Feast or Famine

I think most of us would agree that we could not have sustained the spending that we were undertaking, certainly not to the extent it was.

Suffice to say, I believe that it should have been somewhat more controlled.

The problem we now have (obvious i know), is that we have a squad of league one players (with a few exceptions)

Think of all that money the board has saved by bringing these players in and offloading our high earners ...

Will they be telling themselves that when we are playing Chesterfield away..

The board have made a huge error in going from 'Feast to Famine' ..... the spending should have been administered more sensibly but not at the cost of bringing in quality

Players like Forestieri at Sheffield Weds for instance ..

I think LF is also to blame, although we dont know how much he is being controlled from the board.. In any case when it was clear that JFH wasn't working, both he and LF should have gone.

For someone with supposed business acumen, Tony has been very naive, although i believe we need him to stay at present until at least the ship is steadied.

That can only be done with the appointment of a 'proper' manager .... No DOF .. give the manager the reins and a decent (not crazy) budget.

The question is how long do we stick with Ollie and Bircham (both appointments i was against) ...

If we're rooted in the bottom three by Christmas - twist or stick..

Absolutely nothing to do with the manager.

How much more proof do we need now... Every manager we've appointed has been a good manager with a good record, it's no coincidence none of them can carry that on at QPR.

Ollie and Birch are Rangers men, and we 100% have to stick now IMO, no matter what. We cannot keep blaming the manager.

These players just aren't good enough IMO.

Comment

I don't mind signing diamonds in the rough, infact i support it, but not when we have an entire squad full of them. Sure they might be good players in the future but that could be 2-3 seasons away which i wouldn't mind if we were playing half decent football with no expectation but its been a bit worrying lately with 3 losses in a row against crap sides who played us on the back of winless runs.

What we do need is to just bring in a few solid and experienced players to give us a bit of a spine. Originally i was sad that ali and hill left but not too fussed, in hindsight it looks like a bad move though...

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post

How much more proof do we need now... Every manager we've appointed has been a good manager with a good record, it's no coincidence none of them can carry that on at QPR.

Ollie and Birch are Rangers men, and we 100% have to stick now IMO, no matter what. We cannot keep blaming the manager.

As you know WL is rrs, Ollie was not my choice of manager and neither was Birch (like them both as people and fellow R's)

I'm not saying that we can now get rid, but what i can never understand is our attraction with signing 'QPR men' ,,,, that would include LF who is in actual fact Spurs.

I personally couldn't care less who they support as long as they're right for the role..

Having now got Ollie, we are in somewhat of a dilemma ... and yes WL rss i agree that the squad is poor as i said in my original post ...

Question is will they, or should they, give Ollie money to spend ..?

Comment

Id take a really good guess that The Beast got paid more money for his performance on saturday than the whole Rotherham team put together.
          Hardly a famine.

Comment

Owners not willing to spend any more money, not even on Champ quality players - Ollie will get nothing to spend in January.

If the owners are no longer willing to spend £5m on a top half championship player then League 1 is what these owners deserve IMO.
            Buying younger lower league players and developing them is all well and good, but they have to be prepared for it not to work as well (like now), and end up being in League 1 with this policy.

Comment

Spot on.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
                As you know WL is rrs, Ollie was not my choice of manager and neither was Birch (like them both as people and fellow R's)

I'm not saying that we can now get rid, but what i can never understand is our attraction with signing 'QPR men' ,,,, that would include LF who is in actual fact Spurs.

I personally couldn't care less who they support as long as they're right for the role..

Having now got Ollie, we are in somewhat of a dilemma ... and yes WL rss i agree that the squad is poor as i said in my original post ...

Question is will they, or should they, give Ollie money to spend ..?
                Oviously the attraction is cos they know how we want to be run and know about the history, otherwise you get in these so called journeymen and others who have no connection to the club and tradition!
                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Owners not willing to spend any more money, not even on Champ quality players - Ollie will get nothing to spend in January.

If the owners are no longer willing to spend £5m on a top half championship player then League 1 is what these owners deserve IMO.
                  Buying younger lower league players and developing them is all well and good, but they have to be prepared for it not to work as well (like now), and end up being in League 1 with this policy.
                  Couldnt agree more west, ok signing up and coming but they need to be playing alongside quality experienced players aswell! but agree if they dont give ollie any to spend we could be in big trouble, we need that boost to boost the whole squad, as theres a lack of fight atm, even though with 10 men against norwich in the last ten mins we showed it!

Comment

One thing to seriously take into consideration is that we have signed players and spent money, more money than a lot of other championship clubs. Yes we got more than that money back from the sales of Fer and Phillips, but surely not being down from the Premiership all that long we should have been in a better starting position than most?

The other thing that seems strange is the blame put on Ferdinand for the signings. As far as I'm aware the manager knows the budget, identifies targets and then Les gets involved to work out the best deal for the club. Personally at the time of purchase, I can't think of many signings that didn't come across as old style QPR signings, players we could develop and hopefully sell on at a profit. Which is what most were screaming out for. There is call for leaders and players with experience at this level, although we have signed Lynch, Smithies and Bidwell (a captain) who all have experience, the first two more than Bidwell.

Our managerial appointments don't seem to be working out all that well despite the club going with the fan base, JFH a young manager with something to prove seemed to be right appointment but didn't work out, and now a 'proper QPR man' who knows the club and despite it being early doors the quality of opposition we keep on failing against is beginning to worry a lot.

So what's the answer? Sadly neither the fans or the club know as nothing we suggest seems to get us moving in the right direction

Comment

Jaap Stam amd JFH both very similar in age and legends of the game starting off in management.
                      Big Jaap is flying and our man was terrible.
                      We are cursed im certain.

Comment

A few new players tim of the right type! also id try to get rid of a few aswell to maybe free up a space or two more! get rid of gladwin, nasser etc

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Id take a really good guess that The Beast got paid more money for his performance on saturday than the whole Rotherham team put together.
                          Hardly a famine.
                          Only because they couldn't get rid of him ... He's the last one left and will be gone in next window ...

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                            Jaap Stam amd JFH both very similar in age and legends of the game starting off in management.
                            Big Jaap is flying and our man was terrible.
                            We are cursed im certain.
                            I actually think you're right - we're dooomed

Comment

Take your point and its all about opinions but we don't have that bad a side, Smithies, Nedum, Lynch, Sandro, Luongo, Shopido, Sylla, Perch, Caulker and the 2 polish fellas should ALL be able to play in the top level of the Championship. I so want Olly and Birch to do well but I don't think it is ever a good idea to return to a club you have Managed before and it is looking ominous now that we could lose 5 or 6 games on the spin, something JFH didn't do with these same players.

Comment

Working...
                              X