Feast or Famine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
    Absolutely nothing to do with the manager.

How much more proof do we need now... Every manager we've appointed has been a good manager with a good record, it's no coincidence none of them can carry that on at QPR.

Ollie and Birch are Rangers men, and we 100% have to stick now IMO, no matter what. We cannot keep blaming the manager.

These players just aren't good enough IMO.
    Agree the trouble is when the rot sets in it is very hard to turn things around,players low on confidence and in my opinion
    some players have a disease called CBB its a relatively new disease which is born out of not having to work for a living that is very lucrative
    compared to the average man on the street.

Clubs are frantically searching for a cure but nothing has been discovered yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
      Take your point and its all about opinions but we don't have that bad a side, Smithies, Nedum, Lynch, Sandro, Luongo, Shopido, Sylla, Perch, Caulker and the 2 polish fellas should ALL be able to play in the top level of the Championship. I so want Olly and Birch to do well but I don't think it is ever a good idea to return to a club you have Managed before and it is looking ominous now that we could lose 5 or 6 games on the spin, something JFH didn't do with these same players.
      We don't have a bad side no, but let's be honest - this squad is no where near punching at the same level as a Derby, Brighton, Sheff Weds etc. currently.
      If you want to challenge at the top end of the Div now, you need to be spending £6m on a championship midfielder, for example.

Our highest paid transfer fee in the last couple of seasons has been £2.5m on Chery, and we're now saying we don't want to spend more than £2m on a player in general, so where does that leave us? mid-lower end of the table IMO. The young players we have bought in for modest fees are probably about 3-4 years away from peaking/ever being a top half championship player.

We've inherited a risky new policy, no doubt about it. This team could grow over the seasons and eventually push on to automatic promotion in 3 seasons time as a group - alternatively though, they could also never peak and progress as expected, and we could be playing League 1 football for the foreseeable.

Comment

Absolutely nothing to do with the manager.
        Its at board level. They've done the spending and the appointing. Until TF's reign ends, its hard to see a way forward. The Mittal holding is still considerable, but they are more likely to get out than buy Tony out. Despite the write offs there is still a fair amount of debt around the place, I can't see people beating down the door for a stake. A supporters trust would probably be our best bet, but its very hard to see how that could work financially. Any accountants out there?

I said at the time I didn't think Olly was remotely the right choice, but the problems here run much deeper.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
          A few new players tim of the right type! also id try to get rid of a few aswell to maybe free up a space or two more! get rid of gladwin, nasser etc
          I agree, however finding this 'right type' seems to be one of the big problems. Another serious concern is we get these players in, a new manager and a load of them are on the out without getting a proper chance (not suggesting that of either Nasser or Gladwin), but the 2 Poles to start with, they both look decent but not getting the game time, I think Ollie has to look at the squad and to a degree (formation) and play to our strengths. I also find it slightly frustrating that we seem too eager to write players off, it wasn't long ago that people could see Connor offering us a lot and Polts was improving fast but now it appears they are both f'king awful again and not fit to wear the shirt, these players do get sh!t from some 'fans' and the atmosphere at LR can turn toxic in an instant.

To be honest the game at the weekend was a major disappointment and whilst I don't expect to be winning the league I expect better against the teams at the bottom, in recent weeks I've not even been angry with the results, whilst I yearn for the old Rangers back I think that has been lost to a degree in modern football. People get carried away with the likes of Bournemouth, and don't get me wrong what they are doing is fantastic but also don't forget (like everyone else seems to have done) they, like most other teams that go up are in violation of the spending rules, which is at least something QPR are doing some excellent work in addressing

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Its at board level. They've done the spending and the appointing. Until TF's reign ends, its hard to see a way forward. The Mittal holding is still considerable, but they are more likely to get out than buy Tony out. Despite the write offs there is still a fair amount of debt around the place, I can't see people beating down the door for a stake. A supporters trust would probably be our best bet, but its very hard to see how that could work financially. Any accountants out there?

I said at the time I didn't think Olly was remotely the right choice, but the problems here run much deeper.
            It's a sinking ship though Hal, as you say.

When your ships sinking and you've tried every other manager, and it's got so bad that you realise how bad it is, the one thing you try and do is get some passion back into the place.

Ollie is the last throw of the dice for me with this ownership - if we get relegated again or if there is no progress, their position becomes untenable and they should look to sell up or get a new team in to run the club - although, who trusts this ownership to appoint the right people again?

We've had the experienced manager, didn't work - got sacked
            We've had the young manager who was supposed to be given time, didn't work - got sacked
            We've now got the legendary status manager, probably won't work - sacked/resign eventually?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
              Jaap Stam amd JFH both very similar in age and legends of the game starting off in management.
              Big Jaap is flying and our man was terrible.
              We are cursed im certain.
              we are not cursed mate............ we are shyte.
              nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

I want Boswinga back

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
                  I want Boswinga back
                  Language like that is almost an insta ban from the forum!

Comment

We don't have a bad side no, but let's be honest - this squad is no where near punching at the same level as a Derby, Brighton, Sheff Weds etc. currently.
                    If you want to challenge at the top end of the Div now, you need to be spending £6m on a championship midfielder, for example.

Our highest paid transfer fee in the last couple of seasons has been £2.5m on Chery, and we're now saying we don't want to spend more than £2m on a player in general, so where does that leave us? mid-lower end of the table IMO. The young players we have bought in for modest fees are probably about 3-4 years away from peaking/ever being a top half championship player.

We've inherited a risky new policy, no doubt about it. This team could grow over the seasons and eventually push on to automatic promotion in 3 seasons time as a group - alternatively though, they could also never peak and progress as expected, and we could be playing League 1 football for the foreseeable.
                    Don't disagree with anything you say there, just think it is prevalent that with the same group of players JFH didn't lose many games on the spin, yes he lost 0-6 at home and after that it was always going to be difficult and the football was turgid but perhaps he was just working within the means he was given to by the club. If this was the case it has bitten the club right on the arris as expansive football doesn't seem possible with these players and it seems JFH knew that.

Comment

Pretty much nail on head West

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                        Language like that is almost an insta ban from the forum!
                        Just so we can take out our frustration on him. He could come out for the half time sow and we could throw eggs, tomoatoes, machete's....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Jaap Stam amd JFH both very similar in age and legends of the game starting off in management.
                          Big Jaap is flying and our man was terrible.
                          We are cursed im certain.
                          Jfh just got shown up for what he is,a pish poor manager, no curse involved.
                          Last edited by norfolk ranger; 12-12-2016, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X