Why not play with wingers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why not play with wingers?

Is it out of fashion nowadays?? We simply need widh...
    QPR
    Best team in the world
    Sort of

Good point squad is littered with wide players but we don't seem to want to play a system that utilises width and wingers so begs the question why bring them in

Comment

Holloway said he didn't think we had any wingers other than Shodipo and that we had loads of No 10's. Guess he doesn't feel that Wsolek, Yeni, El Kayati, Gladwin are wingers. He prefers to push Chery and Luongo out wide. Hasn't worked so far.

Comment

If he does not think Gladwin or Pavel are wingers then we are ####ed with him in charge.

Comment

If we had any they would be playing.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
            Young bright kid looking to make his way in the game and a Polish international just for starters.

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
              Why?
              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I have to say I'm a fan of real wingers, Lee Cool, Matty Phillips style wingers
                Under Les Ferdinand:
                Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

We have 2 absolutely huge strikers who need service from out wide, yet we persist with no wingers and playing into feet. Honestly pretty worried about the state of the club at the moment, and I wouldn't put it past us to bin Ollie off before it's too late.

Maybe I'm being melodramatic, but 3 league defeats against arguably 3 of the worst sides in the league is soul destroying!

Comment

It is indeed and we should look at where we are likely to create a chance for the strikers. Out wide or from midfield? Easy one get 2 wingers on every game

Comment

^^Having followed this club since 1977, I have noticed that playing with widemen is actually a huge part of our identity, or soul, as Kenthoop mentioned.
                      Last edited by Shania; 12-12-2016, 09:26 PM.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by croxleyhoops View Post
                        Holloway said he didn't think we had any wingers other than Shodipo and that we had loads of No 10's. Guess he doesn't feel that Wsolek, Yeni, El Kayati, Gladwin are wingers. He prefers to push Chery and Luongo out wide. Hasn't worked so far.
                        Everything JFH was accused of, except worse. Didn't Holloway say something about playing players in their proper positions?

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                          We have 2 absolutely huge strikers who need service from out wide, yet we persist with no wingers and playing into feet. Honestly pretty worried about the state of the club at the moment, and I wouldn't put it past us to bin Ollie off before it's too late.

Maybe I'm being melodramatic, but 3 league defeats against arguably 3 of the worst sides in the league is soul destroying!
                          Considering our next 3 games i don't think its melodramatic at all. In form Derby, a rejuvenated Villa under Bruce and Brighton who will probably finish top 2.

Comment

Working...
                          X