Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Our Signings? Rubbish? Poorly Managed or Too Early to Judge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Signings? Rubbish? Poorly Managed or Too Early to Judge?

Lots of people seem to be saying how poor our signing are under Les but lets look at it rationally as I think its far too early to be writing them off as not good enough.

Lynch - Captain of Hudd last year
    Bidwell - Captain of Brentford last year
    Borysuik -Polish Int
    Wszolek - Polish int
    Sylla - Good goal scoring record so far
    Washington - Tries hard but dunno why we signed this guy
    Yeni - Very disappointing so far but came highly rated so surely should be given more time before judgement?
    Cousins - Player of the year at his club last year. Poor so far but...see above

Of last years signings - Smithies, Ingram, Chery, Hall and Luongo are all arguably worth more now than what we paid for them.

Poor signings I would say were Mackie, El Khayati, Perch, JET...still have some hope for Gladwin

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
    Lots of people seem to be saying how poor our signing are under Les but lets look at it rationally as I think its far too early to be writing them off as not good enough.

Borysuik -Polish Int
    Wszolek - Polish int
    Yeni - Very disappointing so far but came highly rated so surely should be given more time before judgement?

Of last years signings - Smithies, Ingram, Chery, Hall and Luongo are all arguably worth more now than what we paid for them.

Poor signings I would say were Mackie, El Khayati, Perch, JET...still have some hope for Gladwin
    Not the signings, it's coco telling them what to do that's the problem!

Comment

Borysuik -Polish Int
      Wszolek - Polish int

As a collective they are crap there is no Ballance the dof has brought in a group of players that don't have an effective m/f that offer no cover for the defence and no supply to below par forwards

Comment

Lynch-done ok so far,bit injury prone but one of our better players
        Bidwell- A poor mans konchesky
        Ariel- done ok when given the chance,would have him in over cousins every time.
        Wszolek-should be starting when possible,good delivery which we are clearly lacking.
        Sylla- far better option than Washington and polter
        Yeni- needs to step up,been bloody awful.

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
          As a collective they are crap there is no Ballance the dof has brought in a group of players that don't have an effective m/f that offer no cover for the defence and no supply to below par forwards
          Borysiuk is supposed to be a defensive midfielder so should offer cover for the defence but has not had a run of games. Yeni and Wszolek should be providing for the forwards but again they have not had a run of games. They might be just rubbish but I still would say on paper at least we have a decent squad that should be doing better.

Comment

Borysiuk is supposed to be a defensive midfielder so should offer cover for the defence but has not had a run of games. Yeni and Wszolek should be providing for the forwards but again they have not had a run of games. They might be just rubbish but I still would say on paper at least we have a decent squad that should be doing better.
            Not being sarcy Brian but it's the old story the games not played on paper , we can only talk about what we've seen and if the players you've mention can't get passed what we've seen then lord help us

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
              Not being sarcy Brian but it's the old story the games not played on paper , we can only talk about what we've seen and if the players you've mention can't get passed what we've seen then lord help us
              Fair enough Dogs, just hope and think there is more to come from this bunch.

Comment

What I don't get is everyone rating this Yeni fellow. Not seen him kick a ball since he arrived.

Comment

I stick by they're good signings

Comment

To me it looks like no one has had the dressing room since NW. I think they see through Ollie's bluster. Managers are only as good as the last job as far as players are concerned. You need heart but above all you need brains, football suss.

Comment

Still think we have signed good players.
                      Yeni- Very highly rated but had injuries and tough time with dads death plus has to settle in new country so will take a while but he wilkl come good
                      Pawel- Looked great whenever he has played
                      Ariel- Exactly same as Pawel, thought played very well
                      Bidwell- Solid dependable LB, not great going forward but he is there where it matters
                      Lynch- Excellent cb and lb and hope he stays for a long time
                      Sylla- Has done everything asked of him, by scoring important goals.
                      Cousins- Poor so far but not really ever given a consistent run in a position due to swappiung and injuries. 2

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        To me it looks like no one has had the dressing room since NW. I think they see through Ollie's bluster. Managers are only as good as the last job as far as players are concerned. You need heart but above all you need brains, football suss.
                        hat

That`s how I see it aswell.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Rubbish.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                            Still think we have signed good players.
                            Yeni- Very highly rated but had injuries and tough time with dads death plus has to settle in new country so will take a while but he wilkl come good
                            Pawel- Looked great whenever he has played
                            Ariel- Exactly same as Pawel, thought played very well
                            Bidwell- Solid dependable LB, not great going forward but he is there where it matters
                            Lynch- Excellent cb and lb and hope he stays for a long time
                            Sylla- Has done everything asked of him, by scoring important goals.
                            Cousins- Poor so far but not really ever given a consistent run in a position due to swappiung and injuries. 2
                            Agreed. Player signings aren't the reason imo, we've been like this for 3 years now at least. Losing Faurlin in the summer was big, likewise with clint, but I think Lynch will do a decent job replacing him. The issue is Faurlin is such a unique footballer. As much as I rate Luongo, he's a different midfielder to Faurlin, he likes to run with the ball, faurlin just won it and played it and did that well. I think what we're also lacking tbh is pace from the back. Full backs don't have enough pace and forward thinking, gets rid of one option for the centre backs. They now can either play it to the centre mids or play it long and more often than not, they forgo the centre mids. But we've been lacking these things for a while, last proper full back was Isla and fans didn't rate him at times for some reason, but I think going from someone like Isla to Perch is definitely gonna change the balance of the team.
                            But we've made good signings, we've just missed a few areas like a pacy full back or a Faurlin-like midfielder. Cousins is a worse Luongo and ariel is a younger and less experienced (naturally) Derry, but who can we say is similar to Faurlin?
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                            X