No announcement yet.

Controversial but ....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cannot compare the 2 as Warnock will always get results as he knows what he is doing. Unlike our club who overlooked him twice

Comment

we need a bit of calm on here , ollie inherited this team . we are week all over bar the goal keepers . let him bring some in before he is judged . he wouldn't have been my first choice as i think he lacks tactically but we won't get rid after a handful of games .look to the players they've all been playing football long enough now to know what's expected of them . fact is they're just not good enough this is a championship team consisting of div1, div 2 and conference players

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
        Should have kept Jimmy? You're having a laugh.
        Unreal isnt it, considering this slide we`re on was from his reign, laughable really! we had 14 odd goal attempts today, yes we didnt win but its not ollies fault hes got poor fire power or poor midfielders etc, but under jfh we`d of had about 3 attempts!
        http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Plenty of us on here said we should have kept JFH till the end of the season. Reason being is that this kind of change, right in the middle of the season is a total gamble and inevitably disruptive. And now we're seeing that writ large. I think Les and the club bottled it, probably reading this bloody forum too much. Keeping JFH might have seen you and many others lose the plot, but what we needed, more than anything, was and still is stability. If we weren't before, now we're a basket case.

People are saying 'they're Jimmy's players', but JFH was under severe financial restraints - he had little choice but to shop in the lower leagues because he had such a tight budget. In my opinion, JFH was doing the best he could with pretty poor players. Now we're seeing the truth of that. His strategy was to keep it tight, and his plan was long-term stability, which meant the infamous drossball - but we weren't this bad. Maybe Olly will right the ship, but so far, it looks like a knee-jerk appointment designed, first and foremost, to appease the fans. That's not the way to run a club or a business.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
            Plenty of us on here said we should have kept JFH till the end of the season. Reason being is that this kind of change, right in the middle of the season is a total gamble and inevitably disruptive. And now we're seeing that writ large. I think Les and the club bottled it, probably reading this bloody forum too much. Keeping JFH might have seen you and many others lose the plot, but what we needed, more than anything, was and still is stability. If we weren't before, now we're a basket case.

People are saying 'they're Jimmy's players', but JFH was under severe financial restraints - he had little choice but to shop in the lower leagues because he had such a tight budget. In my opinion, JFH was doing the best he could with pretty poor players. Now we're seeing the truth of that. His strategy was to keep it tight, and his plan was long-term stability, which meant the infamous drossball - but we weren't this bad. Maybe Olly will right the ship, but so far, it looks like a knee-jerk appointment designed, first and foremost, to appease the fans. That's not the way to run a club or a business.
            95 percent on here voted to fire Jimmy in a poll. We were right to do so. But, yes, I would have lost the plot had we kept him....

Comment

Its very simple. Getting rid of JFH was sensible. Appointing Olly probably wasn't, but the club was banking on the sentiment card. Look at the posts on here, very few felt this was a mistake. The Millwall thing in particular flagged up a lot of danger signals for me. He still needs more time but if he can't turn it round do you bring someone else pre window?

As I said, the nettle has not been grasped. Les remains a massive problem. We swerved it with this appointment, but JFH was not the answer.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                Too soon lads, too soon.

Crap run of form but let's let him have at least 10 games before we start an Ollie out thread!

Not happy by any means but he's here now & we must give him time to get his methods across.
                It's funny reading this thread but I'm with you on this, we have to give him a chance. JFH knew the players better than Ollie, we have to give him more time.

Good post Hud.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                  Said at the time NEVER go back. Love Olly but he isn't the manager to take us forward
                  So did others but people didn't want to listen. Olly does need more time obviously but if things don't improve getting any quality manager post window (plus les still in situ) will be really difficult. The timeline is the problem.
                  Last edited by hal9thou; 10-12-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

TBH, i`m not sure the players are that bad when you play them in a sensible formation with W-I-D-H
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      At least Flavio and Bernie had a plan of promotion then sell up. What is the grinning goons plan?
                      OOC

Comment

No way. I couldn't wait for the boring ###### to fk off.

Comment

Of course it is Jimmy and no decision has seen the interest dwindle and the whole Aeroplane and brand crap are well in the past.

Comment

Well I certainly ain't laughing at the moment !

Comment

95 percent on here voted to fire Jimmy in a poll. We were right to do so. But, yes, I would have lost the plot had we kept him....
                              Personally I am (and always have been) of the opinion that you do not sack a manager unless you have a better manager lined up. Sorry but Ollie ain't a better manager than Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink. Different sort of manager, yes but certainly not a better one and not one equipped to get the best out of the type of footballers that JFH has signed. I said it as soon as we were linked with Holloway, it's the wrong appointment. We've dropped an absolute clanger in my opinion!
                              Last edited by Tarbie; 10-12-2016, 09:38 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
                                I would get rid of Holloway - everything I've seen is embarrassing. The players aren't responding to him. He is too emotional and tactically inept. I didn't want JFH sacked, whilst the football was boring he was grinding out results, I think Holloway will take us down

What a mess
                                As another member has said you cant polish a turd the team is absolutely s*** you could get klopp in and he wouldn't be able to make that bunch of idiots play any better weak as p*** from defence to midfield strikers who have no idea where the net is that seem to be playing rugby on the training ground as the amount of shots that go over the bar make me think so , a manager like most of us who cares about this club cant change the attitude and effort players are willing to put in at the end of the day they still get paid . My view is we need some of the youth squad to come through and play in the main team i was quite happy with what i have seen from shodipo and would like to see more of him .

Comment

Working...
                                X