Memories of the Terraces at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bottles knives spanners and braces, doctor martens yellow laces

They just don't write them like that anymore!

Comment

• Said I'd throw this in, Pete Doherty playing Hooligans on E dedicated to the Loft Boys along with a story! Quality lyrics "you're going home in a London ambulance" https://youtu.be/pmRUKgC1y9I
      "Imagine a relationship that went wrong but you held on in there for years: that's what it is like supporting a football team. Your loyalty to a team can never die. Ties are stronger than they could ever be with a woman. If she goes and sleeps with your best mate, it's over. If the Rs' boss, Ian Holloway, slept with my best mate, QPR would still be my team. Even if many of the things that you loved about going to matches have gone - terraces, team shirts without sponsors and being able to smoke at grounds - you still stick with your team." - Peter Doherty.

Comment

• and this thread was a celebration of some of the terrace characters. Possible merge with this one?

Don't despair though. Terraces are coming back. Actually thats an old link (2013) but things have moved forward. I look forward to our request to introduce safe standing.

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
        School end terrace but the London clubs used used take over the loft with sheer weight of numbers
        saw that a few times, things could warm up a bit, I remember a WHU visit.....

as a nipper I was behind the goal loft end. Also loved the balcony, weird cast of characters used to frequent it..... never remember any away punters on the balcony.
        Last edited by hal9thou; 10-12-2016, 03:07 PM.

Comment

• Peanuts Peanuts ! white coat man Percy Daltons famous Peanuts
          LONDON BY BIRTH W12 BY THE GRACE OF GOD

Comment

• Originally posted by W12bythegraceofgod View Post
            Peanuts Peanuts ! white coat man Percy Daltons famous Peanuts
            the great Charlie Ferris
            Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

• tbf standing was ok but in the end loads of us left the paddock to go sit oppo in ellersie cos veiw better,not much dearer and at time no cameras on it lol
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

• Cant find the thread about the Rangers lads who got banged up, but there is a real big write up of the whole case on the daily mail online site if anyone is interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  Hark now hear the Rangers sing
                  The Chelsea ran away
                  And we will fight forever more
                  Because of Boxing Day
                  Away in a manger no crib for a bed the little lord Jesus sat up and he said , we hate Chelsea and we hate Chelsea!!!!
                  Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

• yes this is massive thread but dont put it in the classic threads just yet,remember 1968-69 season the loft didnt get taken by everyone on most clubs qpr held the left side of the loft
                    the police built a cordon right through the middle and the away fans used to stand on the left side as you face the pitch
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

• Loved standing on the Loft in the 80s , but the chapshad moved to the paddock and later to ( whats now ) x block in the Ellerslie .
                      Brilliant memories of Tom the grey haired steward laughing and joking with the kids , and to be fair we were a really young " end" as i said the real chaps had moved on ,so it left the Loft certainly by 84 to us teenagers, so Chelsea still took the p iss ,not necessarily with us singers in the middle but definitely on the edges of the Loft and in the east paddock. Anyhone remember Charlton having a pop ? probly 88 ish ,went right off at white city station too !
                      The agg we gave Les Sealy of Luton was unbelievable these days. Even though i wasnt there at kings x , it wasnt just a rivalry between Cmob and Luton , it was fierce with everyone , i still rate Luton as one of our biggest rivals .
                      When the crash barrier broke against Spurs , biggest crowd i remember at us , everwhere else in London was snowed off , 87 i think
                      Celtic /Rangers /QPR Ski hats were all the rage ,crazy really ,considering we wouldnt be seen dead wearing colours but these hats we worn by loads , i put my hands up and admit i wore QPR /union jack ski hat probly about 85/86
                      Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

• Used to enjoy humming the funeral March when an oppo player would go down.
                        Away days at Watford back in the early 80s was always a laugh.
                        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                        Work Best When Open...
                        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Loved getting pushed onto the pitch in the 70's. Why the fook is this thread at the top when we are rock bottom. Take drugs if you can't cope with despair.

Comment

• As a kid the strains of Rod -nee ringing round the ground during a night match were fantastic and strangely eerie. It got speeded up a bit for Stan-lee and wasn't quite the same.

Comment

• Anyone remember eighties maybe earlier when we had the RAF dog team on at half time? Finale was one of the team dressed as a robber, striped shirt, mask and bag with SWAG written on it. His arm was padded out and offered to the dog when it attacked him. One time some bloke from Ellerslie thought it was for real (God knows how!) and set off in chase of the villain. The dog, seeing this as it should, shot off after the new bloke and brought him down. Villain dropped bag and had to pull the dog off as the other handlers ran on from the side. Comedy.

Comment

• Great memories of the Loft and was it Everton we played the last game before it became seated?

Comment

Working...
                                X