No announcement yet.

Memories of the Terraces at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nomination for the 'classic threads' section this.

Pure nostalgia - wonderful stuff

Comment

Awesome thread, love reading about old memories of qpr!! I think the only advantage that us young guys have over older people is access to deodrante, bet the loft smelled like a tramps ass back in the day

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
        School end terrace but the London clubs used used take over the loft with sheer weight of numbers, you could pay at the turnstile with no checks or anything, man city came in once and was a desperate to get out by kick off time!
        I remember as a14 year old, (1973 silk scarf on both wrist) playing Millwall, got to the Loft and Rangers was ringing out loud so in we go and join in, 5 mins before kick off it became a Millwall chant, slowly sloped away rolling up the scarfs.

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh67 View Post
          I remember as a14 year old, (1973 silk scarf on both wrist) playing Millwall, got to the Loft and Rangers was ringing out loud so in we go and join in, 5 mins before kick off it became a Millwall chant, slowly sloped away rolling up the scarfs.
          Suffered same embarrassment on Uxbridge Road with big group walking past the record shop by shepherds Bush market tube, they were chanting "the ranger's" all wearing doc Martins jungle greens etc, me and my mate tag along, now you won't beleive this - they were Fulham and we're met by qpr right on the corner by police station!
          I posted on another thread a couple of years back how me and my dad used to be outside waiting for ground to open to get at the front of the balcony bit at left side of loft, absolutely loved loftus road, who remembers the golden goal tickets? Must have been a scam!

Comment

Suffered same embarrassment on Uxbridge Road with big group walking past the record shop by shepherds Bush market tube, they were chanting "the ranger's" all wearing doc Martins jungle greens etc, me and my mate tag along, now you won't beleive this - they were Fulham and we're met by qpr right on the corner by police station!
            I posted on another thread a couple of years back how me and my dad used to be outside waiting for ground to open to get at the front of the balcony bit at left side of loft, absolutely loved loftus road, who remembers the golden goal tickets? Must have been a scam!
            Although I remember 2 occasions when Birmingham and Arsenal had taken over the loft, Rangers congregated down stairs then on mass piled up the central stairs as it was then and re took it, I expect I was at the back end of the charge.

Comment

50p schoolboy gate, some elderly looking schoolkids back in the 70"s.
              Loved the singing in the 70's, come on who remembers the old songs...............
              My friend Stan is a footballing man.

Comment

Originally posted by corbray View Post
                Awesome thread, love reading about old memories of qpr!! I think the only advantage that us young guys have over older people is access to deodrante, bet the loft smelled like a tramps ass back in the day
                Aint you heard of Brut and Old Spice ?

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  Aint you heard of Brut and Old Spice ?
                  What about Hi Karate!

Comment

Originally posted by Marsh67 View Post
                    What about Hi Karate!
                    wow forgot about that !!

Comment

• Hi Karate, El Khayati.....there's a new song there somewhere

Comment

• Originally posted by Marsh67 View Post
                        Although I remember 2 occasions when Birmingham and Arsenal had taken over the loft, Rangers congregated down stairs then on mass piled up the central stairs as it was then and re took it, I expect I was at the back end of the charge.
                        Was there and remember both, Brum was in the cup, Arsenal was in 76, beat them both on the field and off.

Arsenal was an almighty ruck, remember some big ginger headed bloke wearing a sheep skin wanting to take on all comers.

But the biggest ruck I saw was against Man U early 76, beat them 1-0, they were in the right hand corner of the Loft, never seen everthing like it before or since, massive punch up, i am sure there were West Ham there supporting us that day.

I think Gilly got the winner that day, a long range effort, we went barmy.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          Great post you have seen a lot. I'm Ellersie now too
                          Westy, thanks, is it me or is going to footie today just a little too sterile, bring back the terraces I say, the violence can live in the past where it belongs, but lets get the atmosphere back.
                          I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                            Westy, thanks, is it me or is going to footie today just a little too sterile, bring back the terraces I say, the violence can live in the past where it belongs, but lets get the atmosphere back.
                            Couldn't agree more Dave.

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                              Your going home in a London ambulance was one of my faves!!
                              Hark now hear the Rangers sing
                              The Chelsea ran away
                              And we will fight forever more
                              Because of Boxing Day

Comment

• Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                                Remember the bars where yould be crushed against when we scored. Remember us beating wolves in the the last game of season in 82 . Went to jump over the small wall in loft to get on pitch to see me hero waddock when I ended backwards in a U shape looking at the sky with footprints all over . Fella beside me dying for a jimmy and as stainrod scored his mate saying ssssssimon sssssstainrod sssssecond of the ssssseaon ppppisssed his pants the poor fella. Good times wests
                                Remember that like it was yesterday.
                                A couple of us made it down to the corner flag by the school end and ER, Wolves jumped over the wall collapsed and OB came wading in. Remember pulling a Wolves fan out from under the rubble, it looked like he had broke he's leg, but we had to leave him as OB was worse than the hoolies back then.
                                Re: the deodorant and Hi Karate posts, soap on a rope for Christmas was a staple present back then
                                Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                                Work Best When Open...
                                @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Working...
                                X