No announcement yet.

Memories of the Terraces at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

if you had a hot drink and we scored you'd have to throw it up in the air straight away , otherwise u would burn your hand the drinks were so hot . i used to get in the loft early and climb on top of the cafe and watch the game from their . now and again the police would ask you to get down

Comment

Remember the bars where yould be crushed against when we scored. Remember us beating wolves in the the last game of season in 82 . Went to jump over the small wall in loft to get on pitch to see me hero waddock when I ended backwards in a U shape looking at the sky with footprints all over . Fella beside me dying for a jimmy and as stainrod scored his mate saying ssssssimon sssssstainrod sssssecond of the ssssseaon ppppisssed his pants the poor fella. Good times wests
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
        if you had a hot drink and we scored you'd have to throw it up in the air straight away , otherwise u would burn your hand the drinks were so hot . i used to get in the loft early and climb on top of the cafe and watch the game from their . now and again the police would ask you to get down
        I threw one away to Cfc in 86 . Robinson had just scored from the halfway line. Beautiful memories!

Comment

Who remembers being able to stand in that space below Q block?
          Think they've got the ambulance station there now. If I wasn't at the front of the lower loft then my dad would take me over to that corner where I would sit on the wall.

Comment

Tom the steward , daphne and ranger to ranger in the programme. Trying to bunk in by the alley from loftus Rd to South Africa. Lanky larrys in the sweet shop.

Comment

50p schoolboy gate, some elderly looking schoolkids back in the 70"s.
              Loved the singing in the 70's, come on who remembers the old songs...............

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                50p schoolboy gate, some elderly looking schoolkids back in the 70"s.
                Loved the singing in the 70's, come on who remembers the old songs...............
                Your going home in a London ambulance was one of my faves!!

Comment

Remember playing Arsenal midweek when half the terrace had been demolished but half was still open. There were bits of the smashed up terrace you could lean through the fence and get and I still have a chunk of the terrace at home

Comment

Ah, the memories, I first stood in the boys section at the front of the Loft in 1969.

Rodney''s wonderful Hat trick against Birmingham City.

Stan Bowles debut against Forest, he scored and we won 3-0

Dave Thomas running down the wing

Dave Webb's winner in the last minute against Stoke in 76, the Loft went mad.

Always hoping the Loft would not be taken when we played West Ham, Chelsea or Millwall, alway disappointed as we're for ever blowing bubbles rings out, no one like us rings out.

Then they rebuild the Loft, I stood there against Luton, we lost 2-1, a plastic pitch, a tiny terrace, just not the same.

Then I stood on the paddocks for the next 10 years, before a season ticket in the Ellerslie Rd.
                    I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                      Ah, the memories, I first stood in the boys section at the front of the Loft in 1969.

Rodney''s wonderful Hat trick against Birmingham City.

Stan Bowles debut against Forest, he scored and we won 3-0

Dave Thomas running down the wing

Dave Webb's winner in the last minute against Stoke in 76, the Loft went mad.

Always hoping the Loft would not be taken when we played West Ham, Chelsea or Millwall, alway disappointed as we're for ever blowing bubbles rings out, no one like us rings out.

Then they rebuild the Loft, I stood there against Luton, we lost 2-1, a plastic pitch, a tiny terrace, just not the same.

Then I stood on the paddocks for the next 10 years, before a season ticket in the Ellerslie Rd.
                      Great post you have seen a lot. I'm Ellersie now too

Comment

when we attacked the loft a tanner to get in the childrens pen ,as i got older ,gravitated towards the back
                        Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Children's pen was before my time I think, anyone remember the much postponed league cup game v arsenal, the club put a hot air tent over the pitch to try to get game on, when it was played arsenal was in the loft that night but didn't have the numbers Chelsea used to bring. Got a bit lively to say the least!

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                            Children's pen was before my time I think, anyone remember the much postponed league cup game v arsenal, the club put a hot air tent over the pitch to try to get game on, when it was played arsenal was in the loft that night but didn't have the numbers Chelsea used to bring. Got a bit lively to say the least!
                            Where was the actual away end in those days

Comment

School end terrace but the London clubs used used take over the loft with sheer weight of numbers, you could pay at the turnstile with no checks or anything, man city came in once and was a desperate to get out by kick off time!

Comment

Back in the fifties we used to change ends at halftime to be behind our attacting goal.

Comment

Working...
                                X