No announcement yet.

Memories of the Terraces at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I remember some big guy who was a BR train driver: Coming back from a mid week cup game in Ipswich (mid 80s I think), he chucked up all over the carriage after downing a bottle of vodka. When our train pulled into (I think it was Euston), he crawled off our train & climbed into the drivers cab of another train to start his night shift.
    Also remember a lanky ginger bloke, who had a plaster cast on his leg with a hand drawn Nike swoosh on the side; complete pyscho.

Other fond memories from standing in The Loft; was singing about Mark Kendals willy - Also Pompy fans being thrown over the edge of the upper loft & landing on my head
    Minds Are Like Parachutes.
    Work Best When Open...
    @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

yes

yes fraggy i am sorry he fell on your head,but he wasnt a very nice person,and i just had to throw him over the balcony,it was an attempt to not hurt him to seriously but hopefully make him realise that qpr fans are pacifist,obsviously if i had the advacado bathroom suite that would have followed ontop of him but i dont usually go into the loft with a complete bathroom suite
      Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Ted strikes again

Comment

top thread, some great memories. I think a lot of the characters got priced out, simple as that. The biggest change in my time though has been the introduction of all seaters, it's never been the same since.

Comment

Gotta agree,standing in the loft years ago was what footballs all about.sit in the loft these days ,still characters about but not like it used to be.uncle tony should create a standing stand in the new ground,might get the best out of some
            Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
              Gotta agree,standing in the loft years ago was what footballs all about.sit in the loft these days ,still characters about but not like it used to be.uncle tony should create a standing stand in the new ground,might get the best out of some
              I'd even take safe standing over no standing.surely it would help keep the cost of a match day ticket down and improve the atmosphere!!
              http://www.fsf.org.uk/campaigns/safestanding.php

Comment

trev kingham,

trev kingham,matin purdie,niel roberts,russmoore,goochy ,all now sadly deceased

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                  trev kingham,matin purdie,niel roberts,russmoore,goochy ,all now sadly deceased
                  And now big Streatham Steve..
                  RIP

Fond memories of Big Steve from back in the 80's, great fun at away matches.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                    And now big Streatham Steve..
                    RIP

Fond memories of Big Steve from back in the 80's, great fun at away matches.
                    Ed was he the big mixed race lad?

Comment

Originally posted by Bracknell Neil View Post
                      Yea. Good lad he was.

Comment

Yes Neil, he was a larger than life character and a proper gent.

Comment

do

has anybody got a picture of streatham steve

More...

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                            Yes Neil, he was a larger than life character and a proper gent.
                            That's so sad!! I shared his company on a few mid 80's away games. He was a lovely character . Do remember meeting up with him in that big boozer outside Victoria station before the cup game with Charlton when the lights went out. Ed when did he pass ? He could only have been late 40's.

Comment

That's so sad!! I shared his company on a few mid 80's away games. He was a lovely character . Do remember meeting up with him in that big boozer outside Victoria station before the cup game with Charlton when the lights went out. Ed when did he pass ? He could only have been late 40's.
                              About two weeks ago, his funeral was in Ireland. A few of the lads went out there.
                              If you look for QPR at Forest on youtube you will see big Steve and also Big Russell also passed away recently.

Comment

Memories of the Terraces at QPR

I used to love standing in the loft. Everyone had their place they would pitch up I always used to go to the back of the loft to the right hand side of the goal where the singers amassed

Used to be great when we scored and everyone rushed down then you would spend next few minutes looking for your mates

Think the atmosphere at Rangers died when we lost the terrace

Comment

Working...
                                X