Memories of the Terraces at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
    Yeah there was a bar at the Western Int'l market used by the barrow boys, a few of my old muckers used it far too often
    I grafted there for a few years.puts your life upside down working nights.
    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
    London Pride is a flower that's free.
    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
      I grafted there for a few years.puts your life upside down working nights.
      Yeah you're not wrong there mate, did alternate weeks of nights and days back in the early 90's on the underground, sleep pattern was all over the gaff!

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
        Yeah you're not wrong there mate, did alternate weeks of nights and days back in the early 90's on the underground, sleep pattern was all over the gaff!
        I counter acted sleep patterns with a face full of coke.

Comment

Dizzy Brian. Got to have the biggest gob this side of Pluto! Looks like Eddie Hitler!
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
            Dizzy Brian. Got to have the biggest gob this side of Pluto! Looks like Eddie Hitler!
            The Brian I remember looked a bit like Kevin the gerbil.

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
              Anyone remember cat weasel from the lower loft in the late eighties early nineties?
              **** me, I was gonna suggest this fella.

I remember him.

Used to stand there as a kid, and he was always there.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                what about that bloke who used to sit in the upper loft in the eighties and shout, even when we were about on the half way line with gary waddock in possession "shoooooot" - he managed to shout it so loudly you cd hear it half way round the ground?
                yup...

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                I counter acted sleep patterns with a face full of coke.
                see now that's the kind of geeza who ended up on the balcony ;)

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                Remember the balcony fondly
                my uncle took me there as a nipper. He used to take along a wooden fruit and veg crates for me to stand on in case it was busy.... But the weird thing was, even when we were packed out, there always seemed to be space up there - which was strange because you had an excellent view, specially if you went down to the rail overlooking the corner flag.
                Best view in the house of the loft end goal.

In Germany they still have standing, all redesigned so there is no chance of a surge - although as a kid the surge was part of the fun. I think they are going to trial standing again in Scotland using 'safe standing' design. I'd love to see it back, the truth is we lost something when standing went.

Comment

Remember Tommy, sat next to him a few times. Come on you R'ssss he would bellow. My lad was a bit scared of him at first but Tommy would always have a chat and make us laugh.
                  I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    There have been some memorable
                    charcters down the Bush over the years.

When the Loft was all terrace, if you were behind the goal at our end, and looked up to your left, you'd see the infamous 'balcony' which seperated the Loft end from the Ellerslie road stand. This was home to many notable eccentrics, ganga smoke mixed in with the more usual smells of meat pie and linament from the changing rooms.

As a kid I distinctly remember one regular whose always shouted the same thing never mind what was actually happening on the pitch, a kind of moan which carried.

COME ON MY TEEEAMMM....

he'll be there tomorrow, in body or spirit...

Anyone have memories of our unusual / notable supporters?

I must stood near him at some point in the past, as that is my default scream when things are going belly up !

Also LOOK LIVELY ! Not sure who I 'caught' that one from ..........
                    "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                    For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Recall a lady at front of loft always shouting "come on my team" in the 90s, think she had a blonde bob hairstyle? Actually might have been " have him" she shouted

Comment

Originally posted by NortholtRanger View Post
                        The balcony the bit in the corner below Q block where people were allowed to stand? Spent most of my younger years in that bit sitting on the sloping wall
                        The balcony was in the left hand corner of the loft in the terrace days and looked over the pitch from an elevated position and across the loft terrace , gave a great view of the game in the days of the old loft with the square concrete posts (remember them ?!!!!!) there was a slight slope to it and is pretty much were Q block is.

Comment

Originally posted by fozqpr View Post
                          Recall a lady at front of loft always shouting "come on my team" in the 90s, think she had a blonde bob hairstyle? Actually might have been " have him" she shouted
                          Yeah that was her !

Comment

Slough boys use to frequent at the back of the loft too always remember them!

Comment

[QUOTE[/QUOTE]

The kelliher's and oatways were always good for a laugh!

Comment

stainrodsalegand

stainsrodalegend im kind of flatterd you remember me shouting out that loudly,I DONT KNOW WHY I USED TO SHOUT THAT OUT.....................BUT I USED TO HAVE A BIT OF HATRED FOR THE WAY GARY NEVER SEEMED TO VARY HIS GAME,he constantly used the simple pass,thats why in later years i wore the fish on my head,YOU MUST HAVE A BIT OF VARIATION OR LIFE GETS BORING BUT I WAS NEVER AS GREATER LEGEND AS THE GREAT ................................FACTO HE IS THE GOVERNOR TRUST ME...........................HE AND THE DODDINGHUST CUCKOO CLOCK HAVE CHANGED OUR LUCK WE WILL NOW FINISH WITH 43 POINTS AND BE SAFE
                                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X