No announcement yet.

Memories of the Terraces at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I was going to say I went in the pub a few time with my dad in the early 70s, right grotty hole.

Comment

what about that bloke who used to sit in the upper loft in the eighties and shout, even when we were about on the half way line with gary waddock in possession "shoooooot" - he managed to shout it so loudly you cd hear it half way round the ground?

Comment

Anyone remember 'ave him' ? Sure I see her get nicked outside boltons old ground.
        "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
        London Pride is a flower that's free.
        London Pride means our own dear town to us,
        And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Remember the balcony fondly as always stood at front leaning on barrier for a great view but you had to be waiting outside for ground to open to get in early to get that spot and me and my dad were often first in. Night games there were great and I stood there for aek Athens game in 70's and also when we beat arsenal in what I think was a several times postponed league cup game [think we got to semi that year as also stood there for home leg of semi final v villa] just love looking back at those times now as was just a kid . I remember an older guy that was always pretty drunk and used to continually shout "come on lads , in the net" think he was a scouser . Just loved the balcony hence the username.

Comment

Anyone remember cat weasel from the lower loft in the late eighties early nineties?

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
              Anyone remember cat weasel from the lower loft in the late eighties early nineties?
              He always have headphones, autograph book and home shirt on ?

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                thats leighsie!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Yeah that's him. Fag stained beard, headphones and home shirt. Used to stand lower loft near ellerslie.

Comment

and he had a carrier bag with him also,fa ck me just come back to me whom u lot mean lol
                    Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by loftbalcony View Post
                      Remember the balcony fondly as always stood at front leaning on barrier for a great view but you had to be waiting outside for ground to open to get in early to get that spot and me and my dad were often first in. Night games there were great and I stood there for aek Athens game in 70's and also when we beat arsenal in what I think was a several times postponed league cup game [think we got to semi that year as also stood there for home leg of semi final v villa] just love looking back at those times now as was just a kid . I remember an older guy that was always pretty drunk and used to continually shout "come on lads , in the net" think he was a scouser . Just loved the balcony hence the username.
                      The balcony the bit in the corner below Q block where people were allowed to stand? Spent most of my younger years in that bit sitting on the sloping wall

Comment

Originally posted by supahoopsaaa View Post
                        Yeah that's him. Fag stained beard, headphones and home shirt. Used to stand lower loft near ellerslie.
                        Na can't place him.

Comment

How about that double good looking b'stard famed for going into 20 plus of theirs on his own un aided,I hear they wrote songs about him but I've not seen him for at least 2 years and 47 days.

Comment

How about that double good looking b'stard famed for going into 20 plus of theirs on his own un aided,I hear they wrote songs about him but I've not seen him for at least 2 years and 47 days.
                            Yeah Lone I tend not to go as much these days.

Comment

Stunk to high heaven the poor bloke!

Comment

Ha ha bit before my time n all that boozer. Me dad and grandad used it all the time.i meant the western international market.
                                Yeah there was a bar at the Western Int'l market used by the barrow boys, a few of my old muckers used it far too often

Comment

Working...
                                X