• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
    we were still doing that 20 years later Ray
    Yes

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Anyone ever stood or watched game from away end. Think I have sat in every block of ground other then away end
      Yeah i have wests. Sat in away end quite a few years ago in a 0-0 draw with Fulham... got stitched up by my bruv and dad (both fulham) told me they got tickets at rangers for the 3 of us. Me being completely naive went along thinking theyd made the effort to sit in home end, only to be horribly wrong and for 90mins surrounded by fulham fans... remember a few times when we went close, me being the only person on my feet in the away end giving it the "go on"/"shoooot".. hahaha actually laughing about it right now thinking about it. Certainly a blessing in disguise being a 0-0...
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

• Originally posted by IsleworthRanger View Post
        They were vouchers on Persil washing powder

Sure it started just as the Inter City 125 started running from Bristol to London and the ground was swamped with City fans all after a row
        That's the ones. Used to bring extra one to the train station in case there was anyone their struggling to pay the fair.

Wow Intercity 125's, seemed so futuristic at the time. I think the first time I heard about them was on Tomorrows World. (Did they ever get one to do 125mph with passengers on)?
        Minds Are Like Parachutes.
        Work Best When Open...
        @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post
          That's the ones. Used to bring extra one to the train station in case there was anyone their struggling to pay the fair.

Wow Intercity 125's, seemed so futuristic at the time. I think the first time I heard about them was on Tomorrows World. (Did they ever get one to do 125mph with passengers on)?
          Yep, 125 mph on selected sections of track in the UK. Inter City 125 still going strong and several on way to Scotland after complete refurbishment, will ensure passenger services run with the HST as they are known for another 10 years plus. No I'm not a train spotter!!

Comment

• Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            Anyone ever stood or watched game from away end. Think I have sat in every block of ground other then away end
            Once. Boxing Day 1978 against Tottenham. I couldn't cheer Stan scoring a penalty. Or Shanks putting us in front. I stood there silent when they equalised and everyone around me went nuts. Happy f acking Christmas.

Comment

• My first match at Loftus Road was 1990 vs Liverpool in the FA Cup 1/4 Final, I brought the High School team I was coaching on a tour, the club got us standing room in the terrace almost on the midfield stripe, front row! There was amazing banter there between the managers, subs and linesman, I'll never forget the image of my late father catching an errant pass and throwing it back on the pitch on a national tv broadcast!
              @gatorTFC

Comment

• Originally posted by Fraggy View Post

We used to bike it down to Hayes Town as kids and stand by the tracks waiting for the 125 to go past.
                It was a proper rush being 6ft away from the thing when it hurtled towards us and the noise was deafening as it shot past. We convinced ourselves we’d get sucked onto the tracks in its slipstream so used to grab hold of the fence just in case.
                Not sure whether we’d have been right and never had the balls to try and find out.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

• Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  we were still doing that 20 years later Ray

https://pin.it/r4xdvu7lvvz4mz

Hope the link works, it a photo showing the SAR in the sixties.
                  Last edited by cross it Dave; 31-03-2018, 11:42 PM.
                  I have supported Rangers for 50 seasons.

Comment

• it used to be 30p to get in the loft or 25p in the school end for us kids , police would stand inbetween if there was any fisticuffs .was going on my own when i was 10 with my mates . i've been mugged twice in my life both times in shepherds bush ... persil you'd go in the supermarkets and just tear them off and leave

Comment

• Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                      it used to be 30p to get in the loft or 25p in the school end for us kids , police would stand inbetween if there was any fisticuffs .was going on my own when i was 10 with my mates . i've been mugged twice in my life both times in shepherds bush ... persil you'd go in the supermarkets and just tear them off and leave
                      I was mugged once, in Batman Close by a gang of ”yoof” cowards after a league cup game against the Geordies, I punched the first cu nt in the face then legged it, they chased me as far as Shepherds Bush nick, then gave up, thankfully. I was fit in them days.
                      I have supported Rangers for 50 seasons.

Comment

• Originally posted by cross it Dave View Post
                        I was mugged once, in Batman Close by a gang of ”yoof” cowards after a league cup game against the Geordies, I punched the first cu nt in the face then legged it, they chased me as far as Shepherds Bush nick, then gave up, thankfully. I was fit in them days.
                        mine was teddy boys outside stamford hse i was about 14 only had my bus fare , then 2 bullies outside bush market

Comment

• Went to my first game in 71, never forget the " knees up mother brown" madness that used to go on in the loft, first time I was in it, I didn't stop laughing for an hour!!

Comment

Working...
                          X