Memories of the Terraces at QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Memories of the Terraces at QPR

There have been some memorable charcters down the Bush over the years.

When the Loft was all terrace, if you were behind the goal at our end, and looked up to your left, you'd see the infamous 'balcony' which seperated the Loft end from the Ellerslie road stand. This was home to many notable eccentrics, ganga smoke mixed in with the more usual smells of meat pie and linament from the changing rooms.

As a kid I distinctly remember one regular whose always shouted the same thing never mind what was actually happening on the pitch, a kind of moan which carried.

COME ON MY TEEEAMMM....

he'll be there tomorrow, in body or spirit...

Anyone have memories of our unusual / notable supporters?

some loon used to wait for peter marinello to come to loftus rd n always yelled at him...'get back to ya f ucking wife marinello'!!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Remember an older guy, think his name was Tommy Collins, always used to make an entrance after about 5-10 mins after the game had started in SAR Stand after having had one or two (maybe more!!) in a local boozer beforehand. Always entertaining when I had my ST there. Don't know if he still goes, hope he does.

Comment

The geezer who you used to smoke his big ol pipe throughout the game and always moaning

Comment

Originally posted by ClemQPR View Post
          Remember an older guy, think his name was Tommy Collins, always used to make an entrance after about 5-10 mins after the game had started in SAR Stand after having had one or two (maybe more!!) in a local boozer beforehand. Always entertaining when I had my ST there. Don't know if he still goes, hope he does.
          I haven't seen Tommy for a couple of years. I hope the F Block farter didn't put him off.

Comment

Know Tommy Collins well lovely fella he is.

Used to sit a few rows from him in SAR, he used to have us in stitches jumping up and starting off the singing.

I used to sell the matchday programme as a lad and i saw many many characters come through the turnstiles, i still see some of them at games now

Comment

how bout blue haired bob of the loft!!!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                how bout blue haired bob of the loft!!!
                wasnt he the mad punk whos mum used to come sometimes with him? sometimes use to pop in ythe loft with the other paddock yoof {pinnie]spelling think
                Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

I mentioned this a while back; there were a few geezers behind the goal about 20 rows up who would shout out "Die" at the opposing goalkeeper. But rather bizarrely they would shout out the name of the previous keeper - so against Coventry, who had Neil Ramsbottom in goal, they would shout "die Glazier", and against Stoke with Shilton in goal, it would be "die Banks". Most memorably, against Everton, with David Lawson between the sticks, they shouted "die Davies".

This really did happen, unless I inhaled too much of that ganga from the balcony.

Comment

Tommy Collins is still about, I don't think he is in the best of health.
                    Lovely bloke.

Comment

the late, great Goochy, wonder what he thinks of all the shenanigans going on down the Bush
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

kentucky is a paddock legend.
                        Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Ain't seen tommy for ages.think he married a bird from Wigan? See a lot of him over the western and he's blinding,little too heavy on the hand kissing though.aint seen slippers for a while.
                          "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                          London Pride is a flower that's free.
                          London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                          And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                            Ain't seen tommy for ages.think he married a bird from Wigan? See a lot of him over the western and he's blinding,little too heavy on the hand kissing though.aint seen slippers for a while.
                            Bloody hell the western that's going back a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by andover66 View Post
                              Bloody hell the western that's going back a bit.
                              Ha ha bit before my time n all that boozer. Me dad and grandad used it all the time.i meant the western international market.
                              "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                              London Pride is a flower that's free.
                              London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                              And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Working...
                              X