Bobby Zamora

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bobby Zamora

Love him or hate him, as Bobby announces his retirement, we should pay homage to him, if only for that wonderful Wembley moment
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Maybe we should give him a deal to the end of the season. Or maybe not.

Comment

Thank you, Bobby Zamora!!
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Took a lot of stick but to be honest think he put a shift in. Remember when he was injured in the Premiership (ok doesn't much narrow it down!) and could barely move. Played through injury when he shouldn't have done and for me was instrumental in that one year we did stay up. We whacked it up top, he made it stick and brought others into game. That was pretty much limit of what he could do but he did it.

Not a bad player at all in a consistently rank team. Would have been nice to have had him in his prime for a year or two.

A good pro during a period when the commitment and attitude of a lot of our players have been questioned.

Comment

Comment

One of our better poor players if that makes sense? Can't fault a guy who puts in a shift despite playing through pain pretty much every game.
            Will always love the guy for Wembley though.
            Happy retirement, Bobby.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Bluehoop View Post
              Love him or hate him, as Bobby announces his retirement, we should pay homage to him, if only for that wonderful Wembley moment
              Any Rangers fan who hates him needs a word with themselves. Proper legend.....

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Any Rangers fan who hates him needs a word with themselves. Proper legend.....
                Behave.

The bloke retired in 2012/13 with a massive pay packet from QPR. Only came out of retirement in May 2014 for a one-off appearance.
                Last edited by Shepherds Mush; 09-12-2016, 05:13 PM.

Comment

Gave me one of the best memories I'll ever have supporting Qpr and I've been going since 79 , been many many downs ,but that day at Wembley will never be beaten in my lifetime, the best Smash and grab ever seen live on TV , and after the match in the corporate box's with fans that just refused to leave at 7 when the bar shut , then back at Watford ended up in south Oxhey with complete strangers till very late O'clock , happy retirement Mr Zamora

Comment

Why the hell would anyone hate him, for a player that admitted he doesn't like playing football he tried the best he could in his time here with injuries and poor team mates around him. Not forgetting Wembley.

Comment

Anyone see Zamora on fantasy football club on Friday (not sure if it's been mentioned on here at all) ?

To be honest, he's gone up a lot in my estimations.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                        Anyone see Zamora on fantasy football club on Friday (not sure if it's been mentioned on here at all) ?

To be honest, he's gone up a lot in my estimations.
                        Yeah, was a good show
                        #standuptocancer
                        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Zamora said that QPR were like no other club he played for and that there was always something underlying with the club, basically always something going on.

Typical in Fernandes time owning the club.

Makes me think Redknapp did a better job than we all gave him credit for.

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                            Zamora said that QPR were like no other club he played for and that there was always something underlying with the club, basically always something going on.

You think it was just Fernandes era where something was going on? Tango and Cash may want a word
                            "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post

Yeah, thought he handled that well actually......didn't dig the club out, just said there was something not right and a few too many in the dressing room who weren't hurting when we lost.

Comment

Working...
                              X