Captain

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Captain

Is Ned the right choice for Captain and would any other current player make a difference on the pitch?

Player needs to be available for selection in the first team.
    Smithies
    20.93%
    Ned
    23.26%
    Hall
    2.33%
    Bidwell
    0.00%
    Lynch
    32.56%
    Caulker
    6.98%
    Robinson
    0.00%
    Cousins
    0.00%
    Luongo
    2.33%
    Chery
    0.00%
    Shodipo
    0.00%
    Sandro
    2.33%
    Polter
    6.98%
    Washington
    0.00%
    Sylla
    0.00%
    Henry
    2.33%
    Borysiuk
    0.00%
    Wszolek
    0.00%
    Gladwin
    0.00%
    None of the above, they're all hopeless, doom is upon us
    0.00%
    Last edited by topperharley; 08-12-2016, 10:00 AM.

Smithies, I know he's a keeper, but leads by example best player at the club by a mile

Comment

Lynch for me.

Not sure we currently have any true leaders out there, but it would be Lynch or carry on with Ned for me.

Comment

No issue with Ned as captain.

A captain's role is football is so overhyped. All they do is call heads or tails at the coin toss tbh. If a player is a leader on the pitch, whether or not they have an armband on means nothing. Take Shaun Derry for example, was always a leader on that pitch despite not wearing the armband.

Way too much is made of who wears the armband IMO.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

A captain's role is football is so overhyped. All they do is call heads or tails at the coin toss tbh. If a player is a leader on the pitch, whether or not they have an armband on means nothing. Take Shaun Derry for example, was always a leader on that pitch despite not wearing the armband.

Correct, all players need to be able to self motivate.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
            Correct, all players need to be able to self motivate.
            Totally agree, but they don't. Haven't for ages. So why? What can be changed on the pitch.....?

Comment

Originally posted by topperharley View Post
              Totally agree, but they don't. Haven't for ages. So why? What can be changed on the pitch.....?
              If you can't motivate yourself as a Pro footballer then someone 3 or 4 times a game shouting "come on" at you is not going to make a difference. The only thing to change on the pitch is the actual players then or take there money away nad make it heavily incentivized but no one would join us then.

Comment

The players should self motivate but I think we all need a kick up the aris sometimes, I know I do.
                As already said, doesn't have to be the captain though.
                “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                Will Danaher

Comment

With Matty he's good captain some just chose to ignore that for their own reasons.

Personal view is captains role in modern day football is defunct anyway so who captain is is not big deal. Basically it's to call head or tails before re kick off job done

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    With Matty he's good captain some just chose to ignore that for their own reasons.

Personal view is captains role in modern day football is defunct anyway so who captain is is not big deal. Basically it's to call head or tails before re kick off job done
                    I like Ned, though he does make me nervous with his apparent lack of ball control. He does work hard, he has loyalty, puts a good tackle in and makes the midfield of the oppostion equally nervous with his gangly forward runs. There is, in almost every match or post match thread after a defeat, someone digging him out, and I know many don't think he should be captain.

Rotating captain is actually a great idea.

Comment

Originally posted by West London is Rss View Post
                      Lynch for me.

Not sure we currently have any true leaders out there, but it would be Lynch or carry on with Ned for me.

Comment

No issue with Ned at all. Find it amazing how slaughtered he gets on here as well.

IMO everyone should be talking all game not just the Captain.

Comment

I meant to vote for Lynch but ticked Caulker instead. He seems to have something about him and I think he'd make a great captain. I've no issue with Ned, but maybe it's time for a change. Probably starting next season.

Comment

Lynch or Ned for me
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Matty your gonna hate me for this Jack Charlton Leeds J Terry is a great captain as was Rio at man u Kompany at man city Terry Venables here
                              Dave Makay Spurs No mate they could all do more than toss a coin
                              But in Derry's case that was Warnock being smart codgoling Adel but everybody else knew who was captain
                              Last edited by dogsrrs; 08-12-2016, 01:20 PM.

Comment

Working...
                              X