Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
    Exactly. Anything to Have a ####ing dig
    Its nothing to do with a lottery. Its the talent to see things in young footballers that by time will change in something useful. Raheem Sterling apart, how many top class players did we produce in the past ten, twenty years? I am not having a dig, just expressing my disappointment that the 'few' realy talented players that came along, were rejected.
    And we keep asking what's wrong with our club!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
      Its nothing to do with a lottery. Its the talent to see things in young footballers that by time will change in something useful. Raheem Sterling apart, how many top class players did we produce in the past ten, twenty years? I am not having a dig, just expressing my disappointment that the 'few' realy talented players that came along, were rejected.
      And we keep asking what's wrong with our club!
      It isn't just about finding talent or the finished article, it is about developing players and giving them a chance to shine. We were actually going the right way with JFH and Holloway is a step back in that sense. Niko, Kakay, Shodipo and Furlong called all be regular first teamers for many years to come if given enough opportunity. Eze looks a good prospect. Then if looking back at previous, Marcus Bean, Ray Jones, can't think of more right now but certainly are more. You are right in the fact some clubs are better than others but look at the players so many clubs have rejected or let go and you will see it happens everywhere with every single club. Liverpool with Suso and Sinclair. Man Utd with Pogba, Drinkwater, Morrison, Pique, Simpson even. Roma with Chiellini. Inter with Pirlo. Man City with Denis Suarez, Boateng. Chelsea with Matic, Bruma, De Bruyne, Lukaku. All missed talent by their coaches and/or scouts when watching them.out on loan. It happens.
      Last edited by nanocopic; 07-12-2016, 03:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        my disappointment that the 'few' realy talented players that came along, were rejected.
        Aside from Roberts, who is actually doing really well that QPR rejected?

Sterling doesn't count as we couldn't hold on to him once Liverpool came sniffing.

Comment

We had bob Malcolm. Alas he was tall enough
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Didn't Paulo wanchope score a Hatrick in Both trial games he had with us and was deemed not what we wanted at the time

Comment

Yeah we had 2 Costa Rican's on trial, he mashed it up and we let him go derby, blinding decision
              Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Aside from Roberts, who is actually doing really well that QPR rejected?

Sterling doesn't count as we couldn't hold on to him once Liverpool came sniffing.
                I assume not many quality young players are choosing us nowadays. Its sad realy. However its a reality. At least, the club are now trying to attract quality youngsters.

Comment

You made good points, however, all the clubs mentioned are big clubs that have talented young players in abundance. While you mention some they missed, many others made it to the top. There's not many from our lot that can be a Premier star...and that must be our aim.

Comment

Didn't John Barnes turn up for a trial only to find the training ground closed or something? Not too concerned about Roberts, yes it would have been nice however if we had signed him there is no saying he would have gone onto do as well as he has. I think we are now in a position to promote youth and give them a chance, which to be fair was a massive risk in the last few years either looking for promotion or trying to hold off relegation. Like Eze, and if he comes through there must be an NWA chant in there somewhere :P

Comment

Working...
                    X