Patrick Roberts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patrick Roberts

Apperently this brilliant young talent who is doing so well in Scotland with Celtic, was refused by our own academy as he was too small. He was also refused by Chelsea and Spurs as well, however they both had an abundance of young talent to choose from. Just goes to show how shrewd our scouts are in spotting young talent! Today, he will be playing against Man. City in the Champions League!

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
    Apperently this brilliant young talent who is doing so well in Scotland with Celtic, was refused by our own academy as he was too small.
    Diego Maradona was 5'5". Lionel Messi is 5'7". Arguably the two greatest players in the history of the game.

It's quite staggering to think a player could be rejected purely because of his height.

Comment

Every club in the country has players that slipped through the net when they were young for one reason or another so I wouldn't worry about it, some players only look good when they get to a certain age as it's not an exact science.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
        Apperently this brilliant young talent who is doing so well in Scotland with Celtic, was refused by our own academy as he was too small. He was also refused by Chelsea and Spurs as well, however they both had an abundance of young talent to choose from. Just goes to show how shrewd our scouts are in spotting young talent! Today, he will be playing against Man. City in the Champions League!
        And Chelsea's. And Spurs.....

Comment

On the flip side, our scouts spotted £50 million Raheem Sterling, all time British transfer record, and current England international. Barring injury, he'll be playing in that game tonight too...

Comment

And scores...

Comment

Sure i overheard them saying on the commentary something about hes celebrating after scoring agaisnt his parent club Manchester City.
              Bit lost here.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Sure i overheard them saying on the commentary something about hes celebrating after scoring agaisnt his parent club Manchester City.
                Bit lost here.
                It's right he is on a one and a half or two year loan at Celtic from Man City who bought him for 12 million from Fulham. Considering the fact Dembele cost 24 times less think he is a bit over valued.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                  It's right he is on a one and a half or two year loan at Celtic from Man City who bought him for 12 million from Fulham. Considering the fact Dembele cost 24 times less think he is a bit over valued.
                  So if hes the richest club in the worlds player, i dont get the original post?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    So if hes the richest club in the worlds player, i dont get the original post?
                    Me neither tbh, can only assume the op didn't know the other info.

Comment

Roberts was rejected by Tottenham, Chelsea, Watford and QPR before he joined Wimbledon. Later he was signed by Fulham. Following that, he was signed by Man. City and is currently on a 2 year loan deal at Celtic. He could had be our player and we could also has received a good fee for him!

Comment

Loads of potential and nowhere near the finished article.

Comment

For goods sake, I couldve won the lottery Saturday had I gone with, mine and my sisters bithday. Also my next door neighbors house number, and have the ability to see into the future and pick the other numbers. Damn it!!!
                          SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
                            In fairness, Dembele was out of contract and Roberts wasn't so not exactly a like for like

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                              For goods sake, I couldve won the lottery Saturday had I gone with, mine and my sisters bithday. Also my next door neighbors house number, and have the ability to see into the future and pick the other numbers. Damn it!!!
                              Exactly. Anything to Have a ####ing dig

Comment

Working...
                              X