Rangers and SKY. This really needs to be read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    I don't personally get uproar over Thursday games. Playing midweek Tuesday or Wednesday no one bats an eye lid but Thursday everything he moans. What's the difference

My gripe are midweek games miles and miles away that defo needs stopping for benefit of fans
    I was never an advocate of the Monday night game either but to me Thursday football replaces your weekend football, a midweek game doesn't as a midweek game is in addition to the weekend game. There is absolutely no need for games to be moved to Thursday night, the attendance v Wolves was testament to this. There was no way I could attend with my 8 year old Son when he has School the next day and that is one less game he can then attend in his growing up watching football academy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
      Is that what it is? ouch
      According to his article mate yea. Ludicrous sum of money that.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
        I was never an advocate of the Monday night game either but to me Thursday football replaces your weekend football, a midweek game doesn't as a midweek game is in addition to the weekend game. There is absolutely no need for games to be moved to Thursday night, the attendance v Wolves was testament to this. There was no way I could attend with my 8 year old Son when he has School the next day and that is one less game he can then attend in his growing up watching football academy.
        Exactly this Kit. Also, Sky have messed us up for Boxing too - I love that fixture just for getting away from the family for a few hours but now we find ourselves having to trawl down there for a 12.30 on the 27th
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
          Absolutely disgraceful the hold Sky have over the football authorities.
          Take it you've heard of the saying he who pays the piper calls the tune, Sadly all the clubs have to do as Sky tells them, clubs can always say I don't want the money and we'll play at 3pm Saturdays, that s not going to happen, because all the clubs (other than a few) are now so reliant on the TV money to keep going or virtually go out of existence and not be able to compete even at a low level
          so sadly this is what it's come to and we have to put up with it.
          The fans could do their bit if they wanted to, and have a boycott off TV games? TV games with out fans and atmosphere would be a dead loss, but then the tourist would then take the place of the real fans, and they'd still have their subscriptions form all those armchair fans who brag but never go,

Comment

night games are hard work for me , i'm involved with a team sunday mornings as well . great letter though , but no one takes any notice

Comment

Sky charge according to the size of the establishment based on Business Rates. These have just been revised with the South being hit particulary hard.So Sky could be putting
              their charges up even more. My son and a few others travel from Clacton to see games so while a few midweek games are fine too many can be a pain in the proverbial.

Comment

Working...
              X