Rangers and SKY. This really needs to be read

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rangers and SKY. This really needs to be read

Posted on LFW. Excellent. And sooo depressing.

"On November 19 QPR played a home match with Norwich City at 15.00 on a Saturday. This is the last time we will do that until Saturday January 28 when we play Wigan – a full three months, through the busiest part of the season, and even that will be moved if either team makes the FA Cup fourth round. Conceivably, it could be Saturday February 11 against Huddersfield before it happens again – 84 days between Saturday afternoon home games, longer than the summer off-season. In the meantime we have games on Thursday night, Friday night, Saturday lunchtime, Sunday morning, Monday afternoon, Tuesday morning, and Wednesday night."

Read the whole thing. And weep. Thanks, Clive W.

http://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/footbal...ers/news/44427

Mods: Please correct the typo in the title. My pedant self is screaming at me.

Comment

Absolutely disgraceful the hold Sky have over the football authorities.

Comment

Agreed just don't get the Thursday night football at all complete overkill and just not fair on the fans. Friday night games were/ are a pain in the #### but Thursday nights are just plain stupid.

Comment

Money money money.
          Unfortunately football is big businesss now but theres no other business I can think of where the consumer has a lifelong sentimental attachment to the supplier, often passed on generation after generation.
          It's the only way players, agents, clubs and the TV corporations can get away with mugging us off.
          “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
          Will Danaher

Comment

I would really love this to get out there amongst other teams supporters, who must feel the same way. It would be great to force Sky to respond however unlikely that seems.
            I urge everyone to share on social media. It is a great article.
            I have shared with all six of my fb friends and both of my Twitter followers.

Comment

I don't personally get uproar over Thursday games. Playing midweek Tuesday or Wednesday no one bats an eye lid but Thursday everything he moans. What's the difference

My gripe are midweek games miles and miles away that defo needs stopping for benefit of fans

Comment

I've got a seasonal job which means I can only attend games Nov-March, mid-week games are too far and awkward to go to. Just glad I decided not to get a half-season ticket
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  I've got a seasonal job which means I can only attend games Nov-March, mid-week games are too far and awkward to go to. Just glad I decided not to get a half-season ticket
                  Santa mate??

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                    I don't personally get uproar over Thursday games. Playing midweek Tuesday or Wednesday no one bats an eye lid but Thursday everything he moans. What's the difference

My gripe are midweek games miles and miles away that defo needs stopping for benefit of fans
                    I think the difference is you have to play some games in midweek to fit every game in but changing a game to a Thursday is depriving you of a game on a Saturday which I think is the main issue.

Comment

The pedant in me can't get over how 19 November to 28 January is "a full three months"....

Joking aside though, absolutely fantastic piece from Clive and thoroughly agree with it.
                      Last edited by MattyRangers; 06-12-2016, 01:48 PM.
                      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Great article and all true. Its impossible for a lot of people to even get to mid week home games, let alone away games!

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                          Mods: Please correct the typo in the title. My pedant self is screaming at me.
                          Done 77
                          I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I know pubs get charged 'commercial' rates for their Sky subscription, but faaarrkkk me £16,800 a year?!?!?! That is outrageous.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                              I know pubs get charged 'commercial' rates for their Sky subscription, but faaarrkkk me £16,800 a year?!?!?! That is outrageous.
                              Is that what it is? ouch
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X