Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like we're persisting with 4-2-2-2

...judging by Ollie's latest quotes:

“I know what I want to do with them. We’ve got far too many number 10s so I’ve got to play in a way that gets at least two of them on the pitch. I’ve looked at everybody we’ve got and I’m going to play a couple of people in those wonderful little roles to try and stretch the game and then get us to pass and move it.

So I’m going to try to commit to that and what we’ve got to do is be brave and try to pass it and go through people – because they can’t track back and win tackles. I want to see them play and shine the way I think it will suit them.

What do we want to be? We want to be a team that almost stayed up in the Premier League (with Blackpool) with the worst budget ever. My boys committed to it and I want to do it again.”

Read more: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/q...oway-number10s

We began with a 4-2-2-2 vs Wolves (sometimes referred to as 4-2-4), but obviously had to abandon it after the sending off.

More about this formation here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Format...c_Rectangle.29

Comment

I have no problem with that. Since he came in, Ollie has us attacking teams, something Jimmy didn't. Problem now is finding the right balance between throwing guys forward to get a goal and making sure we can get back quick enough if we're caught on the break. I'm sure given time it'll come.
      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
      Pawel Wszolek - 6
      Luke Freeman - 6
      Matt Smith - 6
      Ebere Eze - 4
      Joel Lynch - 3
      Tomer Hemed - 3
      Toni Leistner - 2
      Massimo Luongo- 2
      Angel Rangel - 2
      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
      Geoff Cameron - 1
      Aramide Oteh - 1
      Jake Bidwell - 1
      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        We began with a 4-2-2-2 vs Wolves (sometimes referred to as 4-2-4), but obviously had to abandon it after the sending off.

More about this formation here: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Format...c_Rectangle.29
        And although we thought he started with a back 5 against Norwich, I suspect this would have been how it panned put then, only the set up changed in the first minute due to their sending off.
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

What about width? In the same interview he was banging on about us being narrow.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            What about width?
            I think the idea with the system is the two No 10's have license to drift wide as and when necessary (as we saw in the 1st 35 mins v Wolves). The FB's would make overlapping runs too. That's the theory anyway!

Comment

I think the idea with the system is the two No 10's have license to drift wide as and when necessary (as we saw in the 1st 35 mins v Wolves). The FB's would make overlapping runs too. That's the theory anyway!
              Neither of the three full backs got very far forward Saturday....... Think 352 is the way to go.

Comment

Are any of his Blackpool-players still around? Some of them were quite good, attacking-wize. I remember Matt Phillips and Charlie Adam played for Blackpool at that time. I`m mentioning this because an ex. player of his obviously knows how Ollie wants his team to play..
                Last edited by Shania; 06-12-2016, 10:45 AM.
                QPR
                Best team in the world
                Sort of

Comment

Neither of the three full backs got very far forward Saturday.....
                  We've only seen 30 mins of it, so maybe a bit too early to judge?

Comment

Certainly more attacking with Ollie.

However, mentally a lot of work needs to be done with this set of players. We can attack attack attack, but I still see that forlorn slump of the shoulders of every player when a goal goes in - almost like they expect it to happen every game.

Comment

Neither of the three full backs got very far forward Saturday....... Think 352 is the way to go.
                      Agreed. If we had the players, I'd love to see a retro 2-3-5. Could be a masterstroke in modern football. Don't think our lot could do it though.

Comment

What Holloway wants from goal kicks and the two QPR players told to ‘run like hell’

Holloway, who places a huge emphasis on the importance of ‘restarts’, has told his players they need to spread out at goal kicks in order to stretch opposing teams as much as possible:

Holloway on goal kicks

“I’ve seen top teams all around the world and what they do from goal kicks. From a wide ‘split’ you can do whatever you want – particularly when you’ve got lovely little Fancy Dan footballers that we’ve got a load of.

I want to spread out, play through and pass to them, not drop it in from goal kicks and then squeeze over – that makes it a fight. We’re not going to win a fight with that team I picked (against Wolves), are we? Not in a million years.”

On Jordan Cousins

“He needs to believe in himself a little bit more. But I love him. I’ve seen him play brilliantly.”

On Conor Washington

“I need Conor to stay up front. He’s a centre-forward.”

On Sandro

“He wasn’t shown love. I’m having him all day long. He hasn’t put a foot wrong.”

On Yeni Ngbakoto and Idrissa Sylla

“I need the French boys to run like hell. Too many times they’re stood about.”

Read more: http://www.westlondonsport.com/qpr/o...-run-like-hell

Comment

On Sandro

“He wasn’t shown love. I’m having him all day long. He hasn’t put a foot wrong.”
                          something the previous manager entirely failed to understand. Interestingly Pulis recently made exactly the same point about Matty Phillips.
                          This was also the philosophy used by NW re Adel, Harry never grasped it.

Comment

He is absolutely spot on about Sylla and Washington.

Comment

Working...
                            X