FA cup draw - Home to Blackburn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
    You couldn't pay me to watch us in the FA Cup... we must have the worst FA Cup record of any professional club this century. In last 10 seasons we have won just TWO FA Cup games. Our last win was an improbable win away to Baggies but we promptly and efficiently rectified that aberration by losing at home to MK Dons in next round.
    Some might argue that in many seasons we had bigger promotion/relegation fish to fry and this season we ought to have a proper tilt at the cup. Maybe we will, but sure as eggs is eggs we are can safely book our holidays to commence on May 27th.
    it has been a joke the lack of performance we've put into the cup in recent years , perhaps olly is the man to change things

Comment

Originally posted by Abseits View Post
      You couldn't pay me to watch us in the FA Cup... we must have the worst FA Cup record of any professional club this century. In last 10 seasons we have won just TWO FA Cup games.
      Won 6 in 20 years. Can't think of many teams in the top 2 divisons that have a worse record than that !

Comment

About time clubs did the sensible thing and simply withdraw from all cup competitions, including Europe if they can't take them seriously. Bloody ridiculous that Championship teams and below can't even be bothered to take the FA cup seriously, preferring to rest players for the far more important task of ensuring mid-table mediocrity.

If fans boycotted the games, then something WOULD be done to stop this nonsense. Unfortunately, they won't because they never see the bigger picture. Often seen as an opportunity to take kids on the cheap, but unfortunately, the kids end up having to sit and watch dire football. And by not making a stand, we now end up hardly ever playing our home games at 3 pm on a Saturday, but end up going through this season having played on every single day of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
          I'd like a home game to give us more of a chance.
          They got trounced at home by Forest and more recently MK f@@@ing Dons, so it makes no difference. Blackburn will win the tie because QPR don't do cup runs.
          Also they won 2 rounds in the League Cup, so that is more cup wins than we can reasonably expect😃.

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
            About time clubs did the sensible thing and simply withdraw from all cup competitions, including Europe if they can't take them seriously. Bloody ridiculous that Championship teams and below can't even be bothered to take the FA cup seriously, preferring to rest players for the far more important task of ensuring mid-table mediocrity.

If fans boycotted the games, then something WOULD be done to stop this nonsense. Unfortunately, they won't because they never see the bigger picture. Often seen as an opportunity to take kids on the cheap, but unfortunately, the kids end up having to sit and watch dire football. And by not making a stand, we now end up hardly ever playing our home games at 3 pm on a Saturday, but end up going through this season having played on every single day of the week.
            I agree about not taking it seriously.
            A cup run would take our minds off the mediocrity of this dull as dishwater season , but they can't be asked.

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
              it has been a joke the lack of performance we've put into the cup in recent years , perhaps olly is the man to change things
              He didnt do much in the cups last time round though. Vauxhall Motors ring any bells?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                He didnt do much in the cups last time round though. Vauxhall Motors ring any bells?
                thoguh i couldn't tell you who we had in charge i was their when the mighty VMFC took our scalp

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                  Club could do an offer like the Sunderland game. Instead of £6.70 maybe £8.20 or pick the number of fa cup games we have won in the last 20 years (maybe 3 or 4?) and charge £3.20.
                  Lol.
                  Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  Watching paint dry or watching grass grow might be more entertaining BUT its the 3rd round and it brings high expectations until 16:50
                  Don't you mean 15.20 by which time QPR could be 2 down.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                    Club could do an offer like the Sunderland game. Instead of £6.70 maybe £8.20 or pick the number of fa cup games we have won in the last 20 years (maybe 3 or 4?) and charge £3.20.
                    Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                    thoguh i couldn't tell you who we had in charge i was their when the mighty VMFC took our scalp
                    Holloway was manager. QPR were in the third tier with him in charge, hence a 1st round game against the car makers.

Comment

Working...
                    X