No announcement yet.

Do others feel this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Think this is just the modern game unfortunately which is more business or play things of the rich. Is there a bit of rose tinted glasses with regards to era's past, dam right there are but I feel with the finances in todays game it's extremely difficult to look past trying to get to the ££££.

Whilst Leicester last year I think, is the exception that proves the rule, FFP will assure the rich get richer and make it pretty much impossible to claw back any of the expanding chasm between the clubs. I don't think these feelings are exclusive to our club and you will find fans at most clubs expressing their frustrations, when you look at other clubs is it a case of the grass is always greener?

However maybe I'm wrong and it's all Evil Les, maybe he's Hitler, Fred West, Mugabe, Jack the ripper, Son of Sam, Charlie Manson, Pol Pot, John Terry, Stalin, Idi Amin, Bin Laden, Bosingwa, Himmler, Hirohito, Nero, The Boston Strangler, Caligula, Attila the Hun, Gengis Khan, Tomas de Torquemada, Mao Zedong and Myra Hindley all wrapped up in one

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
      i honestly think that all of our problems have been caused by ferdinand he should have put warnock in charge when neils wife had cancer because neil had put his number two in charge
      and he was doing ok
      the decision to put jimmy floyde hasselbaink in charge has destroyed our club i genuinly think we wont ever reecover from this terrible decision,of course i hope im wrong
      nothing would give me more pleassure than to see my great idol ollie win this league next season or get us into the play offs this season
      he saw Warnock as to much of a threat to his job Ted

Comment

In the 1970s Dave Clement that he would 'open a sandwich shop' when he retired from football. Today Armand Traore will never need work again. A take of two full backs. And an indictment of the modern game.

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
          FFP will assure the rich get richer and make it pretty much impossible to claw back any of the expanding chasm between the clubs.
          Ironically wasn't the original aim of FFP to produce the exact opposite result of this, and to even out the playing field more? It stands for 'Financial FAIR Play' after all.

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
            i honestly think that all of our problems have been caused by ferdinand he should have put warnock in charge when neils wife had cancer because neil had put his number two in charge
            and he was doing ok
            the decision to put jimmy floyde hasselbaink in charge has destroyed our club i genuinly think we wont ever reecover from this terrible decision,of course i hope im wrong
            nothing would give me more pleassure than to see my great idol ollie win this league next season or get us into the play offs this season
            Neil Warnock - the saviour....

Comment

Originally posted by Bill View Post
              I watch quite a lot of football on tv these days and have come to the following ideas

When i watch Qpr there never seems to be the same intensity level as that of other clubs
              it never used to be like this.

Could it be being paid to much.
              Could it be get paid anyway so why bother.
              Are players just not that committed anymore,loyalty ?
              Why would a coach have to beat his chest to the extent Olly was if the will to win was there.

Then i think of other clubs and they dont seem to suffer so why us.

Just thinking out loud really any thoughts
              have you watched swansea lately? i'm sure we are not the only fans suffering at the moment.
              but i do agree there is no passion from the players any more and it stinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                have you watched swansea lately? i'm sure we are not the only fans suffering at the moment.
                but i do agree there is no passion from the players any more and it stinks.
                saw them win 5=4 the other week

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                  In the 1970s Dave Clement that he would 'open a sandwich shop' when he retired from football. Today Armand Traore will never need work again. A take of two full backs. And an indictment of the modern game.
                  He aint worked last few years period

Comment

How did they do on Saturday?

Abysmal side that are going down - dead cert

Comment

yeh but they still conceded 4 Bill. i often think why do us qpr fans have to go through all this when there are many other clubs in the same boat as us.

Comment

Originally posted by Ed the Ball View Post
                        yeh but they still conceded 4 Bill. i often think why do us qpr fans have to go through all this when there are many other clubs in the same boat as us.
                        Maybe its just football has changed so much from the 60s 70s era real football,sliding tackles ,tackles from behind,atrocious pitches,real passion and refs who didnt want to steal
                        the limelight and more importantly rules that didnt change every season about what you can and can not do.

Sorry just having a whinge,there are so many whimps in the game now

Comment

Our players just aren't very good, end of.

Comment

It's a mid-life crisis from watching too much football

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              How did they do on Saturday?

Abysmal side that are going down - dead cert
                              There are enough bad teams in that league to make it far from a dead cert I would say.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Ironically wasn't the original aim of FFP to produce the exact opposite result of this, and to even out the playing field more? It stands for 'Financial FAIR Play' after all.
                                Well that is what we were led to believe, but it's amazing that the only people I know that think it's a good idea seem to support the likes of Man U, Liverpool, Arsenal etc.. The teams with existing massive worldwide support and huge guaranteed incomes who are able to buy the best players off anyone cheeky enough to challenge this 'elite'. Have a couple of Liverpool supporting mates, oh yes Sunday was funny, but I wind them up as despite them both being pro FFP they don't like the fact that Man U can outspend them massively, surprising that!

Comment

Working...
                                X