Do others feel this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do others feel this?

I watch quite a lot of football on tv these days and have come to the following ideas

When i watch Qpr there never seems to be the same intensity level as that of other clubs
    it never used to be like this.

Could it be being paid to much.
    Could it be get paid anyway so why bother.
    Are players just not that committed anymore,loyalty ?
    Why would a coach have to beat his chest to the extent Olly was if the will to win was there.

Then i think of other clubs and they dont seem to suffer so why us.

Just thinking out loud really any thoughts

No I don't

Comment

I think since Warnock we have not had management team that coach players. Difference between managing a side and coaching it

Comment

I think theres a lot of clubs that seem to have a lack of disire , it comes with the system of apart from 1st team duty there's little or no point in the friendlies and that in turn breeds an attitude of complacency which nobody can deny exists here making it difficult for Ollie or JFH come to that to muster any sort of enthusiasm or pride apart from picking up a pay packet

Comment

one of my boys was working with an ex player of ours from the late 80's last week , the bloke is now a decorator , if he was was in football today he'd most likely have a property portfolio to fall back on when he retired . players of today are badge kissing mercanaries . i once saw a pic of lampard kissing the west ham badge and the chelsea badge next season . there is only one badge i'd kiss the team i support .... they are adored by kids and most of them give very little back . said on here before it took around 5 hours to travel to hull city and same to get home , we lost that day and barton got sent off . not one player came over to the rangers fans at the end of the game and clapped us they all walked off and home to their big gaffs . the mindset of players is different today it's sign a big £ contract and sit on the bench look at swp he was offered 2/3 loans but refused , surely you should want to play football . so many players just seem to go thru the motions and don't seem that hurt when we lose . no one on here can convince me we didn't give up against newcastle ( i wouldn't have paid any of them ) i watched the curson v wimbledon game today on the box i watched a team come back from 3 nil down to win with heart , passion , fight and belief in eachother ... sadly i don't see that in my team

Comment

Your last line is what i feel

Comment

I watched Bournemouth today and thought that could of been us if we bought well. We had 2 bites of the cherry aswell.

Comment

Originally posted by Fordy View Post
                I watched Bournemouth today and thought that could of been us if we bought well. We had 2 bites of the cherry aswell.
                Pun intended?
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I don't feel like we have the passion that was there
                  . In part I think it is because we went up to.the Premier League and now our players believe we are a club close to always being in the PL when historically that hasn't been the case. I said this last season and I'll say it again, dropping down wouldn't be the worst thing for us. This obsession with the Premier League is too muchas if just getting promoted makes a club great. It doesnt building from the back in all club areas, youth, consistent teams throughout the leagues. Four big examples Swansea, Bournemouth, Southampton and Leicester all have players from the lower leagues that have stayed with the club that is important. All dropped down and all in my eyes have a more Passionate obsessive fan base. It requires you to truly start from scratch and remember what is right about the club. I'd personally like to see all the fans who sit and boo every week where we lose to not come back and if it takes relegation to get that then so be it. I think we feel disconnected with the players and they feel disconnected with us and I still say some of JFH ideas were right, Kakay, Shodipo and Niko all coming thru in the same season which is fantastic, all home grown, all good all players that we should root for and should be in the team.as much as possible in my view. I personally don't think we will get relegated but if we did I think we have a great nucleus that could become a good side with some time to play consistently together without unrealistic expectations from fans.

Comment

I think a lot of it has to do with cheats do prosper in football you only have to look at Chelsea.very good side that seem to dive at any given opportunity, refs side with them most of the time. The games changed from when I was a kid, win at all costs even at training, should be a set wage per age. 20 year olds on silly money? No incentive so kills the game
                    Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

The Cherries showed passion today and caused an amazing shock.
                      Commitment over quality can seep through if players have the passion to play.
                      As Van said above, it's changed a lot over the years and seems to get worse.
                      I watched both legs of the MLS Eastern conference final between Toronto and Montreal recently, the skill was hit and miss as you would expect, but the passion shown by both teams and both set of supporters was outstanding and made for addictive viewing. (Other than Drogba as a super sub)
                      Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                      Work Best When Open...
                      @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

They have a manager who has created a team, a bit like Cloughie did. Sadly we have a team of rotting vegetation that is the fertilizer for other teams to thrive on.

Comment

Originally posted by vanhoop View Post
                          I think a lot of it has to do with cheats do prosper in football you only have to look at Chelsea.very good side that seem to dive at any given opportunity, refs side with them most of the time. The games changed from when I was a kid, win at all costs even at training, should be a set wage per age. 20 year olds on silly money? No incentive so kills the game
                          True though.

Comment

We do have passion but it rarely comes out these days, we can all list a dozen or more matches since Warnock where we have really pulled together. But a dozen matches in probably more than 200 ain't good enough. The managing and coaching has to improve or we will decline even further.
                            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

i honestly think that all of our problems have been caused by ferdinand he should have put warnock in charge when neils wife had cancer because neil had put his number two in charge
                              and he was doing ok
                              the decision to put jimmy floyde hasselbaink in charge has destroyed our club i genuinly think we wont ever reecover from this terrible decision,of course i hope im wrong
                              nothing would give me more pleassure than to see my great idol ollie win this league next season or get us into the play offs this season
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                              X