Do others feel this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bill View Post
    Maybe its just football has changed so much from the 60s 70s era real football,sliding tackles ,tackles from behind,atrocious pitches,real passion and refs who didnt want to steal
    the limelight and more importantly rules that didnt change every season about what you can and can not do.

Sorry just having a whinge,there are so many whimps in the game now
    Agreed mate. I was bought up in 70s and 80s, we'll never get that back. It's all business orientated now.

Comment

Originally posted by TimPR78 View Post
      Think this is just the modern game unfortunately which is more business or play things of the rich. Is there a bit of rose tinted glasses with regards to era's past, dam right there are but I feel with the finances in todays game it's extremely difficult to look past trying to get to the ££££.

Whilst Leicester last year I think, is the exception that proves the rule, FFP will assure the rich get richer and make it pretty much impossible to claw back any of the expanding chasm between the clubs. I don't think these feelings are exclusive to our club and you will find fans at most clubs expressing their frustrations, when you look at other clubs is it a case of the grass is always greener?

However maybe I'm wrong and it's all Evil Les, maybe he's Hitler, Fred West, Mugabe, Jack the ripper, Son of Sam, Charlie Manson, Pol Pot, John Terry, Stalin, Idi Amin, Bin Laden, Bosingwa, Himmler, Hirohito, Nero, The Boston Strangler, Caligula, Attila the Hun, Gengis Khan, Tomas de Torquemada, Mao Zedong and Myra Hindley all wrapped up in one
      had to look twice , thought u had just named the current chelsea squad

Comment

Have to say very much agree with original poster.

The odd game aside been very little to enjoy in recent years. Our team do seem to lack passion and commitment. Yes there may be other teams with that problem but we rarely seem to get a break from it. For me some of the reason for that is the abject failure of our youth system so we have a team completely made up (with the very odd fringe exception) of players bought in as opposed to brought through the system. As a consequence they don't have quite the same buy in.

We tried to buy our way to success and quickly build momentum and fell flat on our 'Arris. Easy to criticise in hindsight but we were up for it at the time. We have tried experienced, respected managers and what were seen as up and coming ones. Nothing has worked. I do think Les and the board genuinely trying to get it right and from the outside very difficult to see what else we should be doing after everything that has been tried.

The current team is not very good. Very weak up top, no spark and not as solid as it looks on paper. Extremely difficult for a new guy coming into. I wouldn't suggest we go mad in January but we do need two or three decent players. If we do that and start performing on the pitch in the way we look on paper we could actually be alright. It does though rely on Ollie and the coaches working out how to extract some grit and passion out of this group of players. Best of luck to them with that!

As I have said before being based in Brighton I have seen them not spend very much but build a good group of players and consistently, in my view, over perform. It can be done and they built themselves up again after finishing next to last in whole football league. They have the right spine on and off the pitch. Good organisation and grit. We have a long way to go and I have no idea how to achieve it but we have to hope the club stumbles on the right formula. Being based in Brighton I need us to start performing better than they do! Getting depressing. Don't even mention the 4-0 last season.

Comment

Working...
        X