Those who have left

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
    3 goals and 3 assists in the last 4 games.

So where has he been for the other 10 games this season?
    I'd call that a bad period of form, as opposed to his level, with these good phases being the standard. Since HR left the club, he's been pretty consistent, involved in all the general attacking play in most matches, with very few stretches of poor form. I think the only real period last season where he was legitimately bad was when he was used as a lone striker. Apart from that, he always gets good deliveries into the box, he's shown how 2 footed he is with his assists and goals and whenever he played with a striker full of confidence, he got regular assists. Even last year, his two best periods in the season were when Charlie was just unstoppable at the beginning of the season and when Polter was on fire in the midseason.

A winger is only as good as the target in the box, but the quality of his crossing always gave strikers an extra chance to look even better (see polter)
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      But don't (a section of) the fans have to take a portion of responsibility for this type of thing too:

In addition to Nas' post, at LR the players hear absolutely everything from the stands, both positive and negative. We're in quite a unique position in that regard as a club, so these things can work against us too. It's only a minority of the fans of course, but nonetheless a highly audible one from the pitch.

There's countless other posts to corroborate this but here's another similar one:
      There's a gent who sits right at the back of the stand in my block, generally the group back there are vocal and emotional, but this one guy in particular, will just hurl insults or instructions at a player who isn't even involved in the play at that time, such as Onuoha when we're attacking. Follows it up with a rather loud "Are you listening to me?".

Now, the guy comes across a right pillo ck saying stuff like that, but the players will invariably hear it, especially when the rest of the crowd is silent, and it will do no one any favours as a result.

Irrespective of the fans though, one of the big things that I feel also limits the potential of these flair players is the imbalance of the squad in terms of how they want to play. We have a few players who like to play it very quickly and move up the pitch at pace and a few who really like to slow it down and get as many people forward before starting an attack. Both of these can work, but our issue is, our squad is so mixed up between wanting to do one or the other, you have players like Onuoha, Hall, Robinson, Shodipo, Washington, etc, who as soon as they get the ball are looking to either run forward or just knock it upfield. Then you have people like Chery, Luongo and prior to this season, Phillips, Fer, etc who would hold the ball, move forward but make sure others were moving faster than them so that they had more options in the final third. Again, neither is wrong, but you need a squad to be in agreement regarding where to take it.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Looks like a lot of our fans are still living in the 1970s and are bitter because the players earn more than they do and feel they don't even run enough for their living. It's so unfair.

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
          We just haven't been able to turn good players into better players when they have joined us, why ...it has to be down to the coaching staff...
          Pretty sure Austin improved when he was with us.

Comment

Come on people, both Fer and Phillips quite obviously are very good, premiership quality players. Problem was obvious, when we went down the didn't WANT to play for us, and had half a mind on what their next move would be. That was evident in the way they played.
            Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
            Pawel Wszolek - 6
            Luke Freeman - 6
            Matt Smith - 6
            Ebere Eze - 4
            Joel Lynch - 3
            Tomer Hemed - 3
            Toni Leistner - 2
            Massimo Luongo- 2
            Angel Rangel - 2
            Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
            Geoff Cameron - 1
            Aramide Oteh - 1
            Jake Bidwell - 1
            Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
              Come on people, both Fer and Phillips quite obviously are very good, premiership quality players. Problem was obvious, when we went down the didn't WANT to play for us, and had half a mind on what their next move would be. That was evident in the way they played.
              correctamundo

Comment

Chaz is likely out for the rest of the season with his dodgy shoulder gone again.

Comment

Just watched last nights match of the day.
                  Matty Phiillips looks like the best winger we have ever had at this club now. Or at least on a par with Dave Thomas. How the fark did that happen?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                    Matty Phiillips looks like the best winger we have ever had at this club now. Or at least on a par with Dave Thomas. How the fark did that happen?
                    How can you enjoy playing here when there was only Nasser and me supporting him and all the rest thought he was just a lazy #######?

Comment

He clearly didnīt want to be here when we went down. And now at West Brom it`s plain to see for all how good Tony Pullis is as a teambuilder and manmanager..
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                        I rated both when we were looking for managers at different times and both were out of work. West Ham are suffering from a number of problems, notably the curse of the New Stadium despite the taxpayer taking a hit. Nothing like the Boleyn atmos wise. There maybe a lesson there somewhere......
                        Have to disagree with your last sentence. Actually, it may help. Loftus Road is too close to the fans and I think the players can hear clearly the continuos moaning and adjectives from our own fans. Maybe a bigger ground were the players hardly hear what is being said will help them to concentrate more!

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                          Have to disagree with your last sentence. Actually, it may help. Loftus Road is too close to the fans and I think the players can hear clearly the continuos moaning and adjectives from our own fans. Maybe a bigger ground were the players hardly hear what is being said will help them to concentrate more!
                          If the fans didn't moan as much, the ground would actually be beneficial to us as it is. Currently it's a hindrance and it's no surprise that JFH was capable of getting a better away record going than a home one.

Comment

Phillips looks like one of the best players in the premier.
                            He was absolutley superb again today and i reckon hes going to be west broms player of the season.

Comment

Phillips looks like one of the best players in the premier.
                              He was absolutley superb again today and i reckon hes going to be west broms player of the season.
                              Good luck to him. Didn't like him at all last season as he hardly tried most the time but who can blame him? Even as a qpr supporter i'd have hated playing for us last season if i was a player like phillips.
                              I hope he keeps up the good form, at least we're being like the old qpr of sending players onto better things

Comment

Working...
                              X