Polter needs to be benched hopeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
    I thought it was every footballers prerequisite to be able to control a football, isn't that the basics, Really Nas, my 11 year old grandson has a better touch than him and can do the basics
    Trapping the ball with his back to goal is a very different type of control to a forward run where you control the ball as you move. He generally does tend to look better when he's running onto something than when he is under pressure from a player while standing his ground. Play to his strengths and give him a partner like Sylla who can trap with his back to goal and you'll see goals flowing I reckon.
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

But he has no control the bounces off his body whether he facing goal or not his control either way is non existent, unless he coming on to it and doesn't have to think about it, and maybe strike 1st time, his touch is very poor( none existent for a professional footballer) and it isn't getting any better,you have to agree,
      As for his effort I'd give 8-9 out of ten but effort doesn't make you better? or a footballer
      Last edited by dave58; 02-12-2016, 02:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        Clearly not ignoring me though...

Also, you keep bringing up the fact that I'm telling you how to think, but I'm not, I'm merely pointing out how I see things, which is that I think it's a mistake seeing him as a back to goal striker, and it is standard for people to make that assumption because that's what I've seen here for months, people criticising his hold up play and saying he doesn't do a job for us, when his abilities lie elsewhere. It's no different to complaining about JFH using Cousins as a right mid if you don't see his ability in that role; Polter isn't a back to goal striker and the way he scores goals proves that IMO.
        I really don't get how you're so sensitive to the way I put forward my point. Everything I say is ultimately my opinion and yet you want to nitpick... would you be happier if I had said "The mistake IMO is thinking..."? because if so, every time you see me post something that comes across to you like I'm telling people how to think, just add a cheeky IMO in there and it'll help you sleep at night IMO.

As you will see I deleted the post. I really shouldn't engage with you. It isn't fun. You're not fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
          As you will see I deleted the post. I really shouldn't engage with you. It isn't fun. You're not fun.
          Neither are you mate
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            But he has no control the bounces off his body whether he facing goal or not his control either way is non existent, unless he coming on to it and doesn't have to think about it, and maybe strike 1st time, his touch is very poor( none existent for a professional footballer) and it isn't getting any better,you have to agree,
            As for his effort I'd give 8-9 out of ten but effort doesn't make you better? or a footballer
            I agree in part, certainly, as I've said, his work with his back to goal is not good and his control in that vein is very poor. But I think his first touch when he takes the ball on moving forward is quite good and his finishing is good, good power and accuracy. I'd like to see him just given the job that Samaras was given at Celtic, which was just finish it with your first touch. Put him through and all he'll need is one touch to score, be it a header or a shot (a la Norwich).

Comment

He was no worse than a few others. Fans love a scapegoat. Better than Washington. Left on his own upfront in the 2nd half chasing lost causes.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                He is poor and most of us have always said so.

Love his work rate, commitment etc, nothing against him, just not good enough.
                Can't disagree. Always thought his effort and commitment and chipping in with the odd goal would make him a bit of a cult hero. Perhaps not.
                Tell you what though, he was miles better than Washington. Waste of space that bloke.
                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                Luke Freeman - 6
                Matt Smith - 6
                Ebere Eze - 4
                Joel Lynch - 3
                Tomer Hemed - 3
                Toni Leistner - 2
                Massimo Luongo- 2
                Angel Rangel - 2
                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                Geoff Cameron - 1
                Aramide Oteh - 1
                Jake Bidwell - 1
                Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

How ever

HOW EVER DID PLANKBRAIN POULTER MISS THAT ROBINSONS THROW INN HE ONLY HAD TO STAND THERE AND TWIST HIS HEAD AND IT WOULD HAVE FLEW INTO THE NET
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

He works hard and he is a trier , but would he get in many squads in the Championship , probably not ?

Comment

I don't understand how a man of his size and I assume strength can't stay on his feet?! Has anyone else notice how easily he goes down? Is it deliberate?

Comment

Working...
                      X