Polter needs to be benched hopeless

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Polter needs to be benched hopeless

He has no ability what so ever just a donkey, we are playing with 10 men when he is on the pitch he can't hold a ball up can't jump touch of a elephant we need to get rid of him, he would struggle in Division 2

Taken out and shot based on last nights performance mate.

Goodness me he looks bad. Total confidence player, when he's feeling good he mixes it up and covers for his lack of ability. When his head is down we may as well be playing with 10 men.

To be honest, I'm not convinced Sylla is a whole lot better. Yeni looked lively when he came on I thought!

Comment

Sylla and Yeni need to be given a Run in the team. Could form a good partnership
      Polter and washington really don't work well together

Comment

I have never rated the guy, he is one of our players so you back him. Do a deal with Gillingham and swap BFG with JET, can't be any worse surely.
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

He is poor and most of us have always said so.

Love his work rate, commitment etc, nothing against him, just not good enough.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post

Yep from day one.

Comment

the ball was bouncing off him every time. Not getting any goals and fails to hold the ball up. Needs to take a break and get some confidence back
              I must away now, I can no longer tarry
              This morning's tempest I have to cross
              I must be guided without a stumble
              Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by Macca View Post
                He has no ability what so ever just a donkey, we are playing with 10 men when he is on the pitch he can't hold a ball up can't jump touch of a elephant we need to get rid of him, he would struggle in Division 2
                correct , couldn't trap a bag of cement doesn't even seem to get of the ground when jumping half the time, poor player

Comment

Exactly this in every respect.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                    correct , couldn't trap a bag of cement doesn't even seem to get of the ground when jumping half the time, poor player
                    He has improved, he's winning flick-ons.

Comment

I'm sorry to say he might as well have been wearing that ghastly Wolves away shirt last night..... Sad, but there it is.

Comment

As is standard, people look at him and make an assumption on what his ability is. At full speed, not many in this squad are faster than him, just look at the Norwich goal as an example of that. He's got the strength and pace to be a danger running through the lines and his forward headers are of outstanding accuracy. He's not a player to trap a ball, he's not a back to the goal striker, he's Washington but taller and with 2 good feet for shooting and his game sense and vision is actually really impressive at this level. If we play him the way we play CW and put Sylla alongside him, you've got a very potent strike partnership there of hardworker and hold up.

The mistake is thinking that Polter and Washington are different types of strikers and playing them together as a result.
                        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            As is standard, people look at him and make an assumption on what his ability is. At full speed, not many in this squad are faster than him, just look at the Norwich goal as an example of that. He's got the strength and pace to be a danger running through the lines and his forward headers are of outstanding accuracy. He's not a player to trap a ball, he's not a back to the goal striker, he's Washington but taller and with 2 good feet for shooting and his game sense and vision is actually really impressive at this level. If we play him the way we play CW and put Sylla alongside him, you've got a very potent strike partnership there of hardworker and hold up.

The mistake is thinking that Polter and Washington are different types of strikers and playing them together as a result.
                            I thought it was every footballers prerequisite to be able to control a football, isn't that the basics, Really Nas, my 11 year old grandson has a better touch than him and can do the basics

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77
                              Please don't tell me or others what to think. Give your own opinion if you must. The 'mistake'. 'As is standard'. What a plank you are. FFS can't mods have a word with this plank. I'm tired of ignoring him.
                              Clearly not ignoring me though...

Also, you keep bringing up the fact that I'm telling you how to think, but I'm not, I'm merely pointing out how I see things, which is that I think it's a mistake seeing him as a back to goal striker, and it is standard for people to make that assumption because that's what I've seen here for months, people criticising his hold up play and saying he doesn't do a job for us, when his abilities lie elsewhere. It's no different to complaining about JFH using Cousins as a right mid if you don't see his ability in that role; Polter isn't a back to goal striker and the way he scores goals proves that IMO.
                              I really don't get how you're so sensitive to the way I put forward my point. Everything I say is ultimately my opinion and yet you want to nitpick... would you be happier if I had said "The mistake IMO is thinking..."? because if so, every time you see me post something that comes across to you like I'm telling people how to think, just add a cheeky IMO in there and it'll help you sleep at night IMO.

"What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                              X