No announcement yet.

Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't think he's a left back at all. He looked good going forward last night but was useless at defending. Winger all day long.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

David Bardsley got a shed load of stick when he first started playing for us, happy to give him another 20-30 games and see if we can improve him, not great defensively at the moment but has setup 2 of our last 3 goals.

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
        I don't think he's a left back at all. He looked good going forward last night but was useless at defending. Winger all day long.

Have said it for weeks now that Robinson is farking terrible at defending but decent attacking.

Get Bidwell back in pronto.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
          David Bardsley got a shed load of stick when he first started playing for us, happy to give him another 20-30 games and see if we can improve him, not great defensively at the moment but has setup 2 of our last 3 goals.
          Did you not know it's this board's policy to write players or managers off after just a few games?
          Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
          Pawel Wszolek - 6
          Luke Freeman - 6
          Matt Smith - 6
          Ebere Eze - 4
          Joel Lynch - 3
          Tomer Hemed - 3
          Toni Leistner - 2
          Massimo Luongo- 2
          Angel Rangel - 2
          Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
          Geoff Cameron - 1
          Aramide Oteh - 1
          Jake Bidwell - 1
          Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Did you not know it's this board's policy to write players or managers off after just a few games?
            Yes sadly it seems that way, already I can feel the tide turning against Ollie in some posts

Comment

It is incredible isn't it...Robinson is still young still learning the game. had little or no support from washington or yeni and yes is often caught upfield but he is learning and will be a good player.

Is the bidwell that people want back in the same bidwell who was being slagged off before his injury for not being attacking enough?

Comment

As the OP I'd play him next game and every game. Especially if, as we should, we go three at the back. He was terrible defensively last night, however, and Ollie needs to tell him that.

Comment

Originally posted by 3London View Post
                  It is incredible isn't it...Robinson is still young still learning the game. had little or no support from washington or yeni and yes is often caught upfield but he is learning and will be a good player.

Is the bidwell that people want back in the same bidwell who was being slagged off before his injury for not being attacking enough?
                  Apart from Smithies not sure there isn't a player that hasn't been totally written off at least 2 or 3 times

Comment

Not sure Washington is to blame here....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      As the OP I'd play him next game and every game. Especially if, as we should, we go three at the back. He was terrible defensively last night, however, and Ollie needs to tell him that.
                      Pretty sure he knows that and doesn't need to be told. Also don't forget how long he has been out injured.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        I agree with you mate, wasn't digging you out or anything. I'd play him in front of Bidwell on the left wing.
                        Might not matter now though, saw an article earlier saying he's being assessed after picking up yet another injury.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Full backs now are attack minded , we don't teach full backs how to defend it's all about over lapping and wing back play now, it's the systems we play and add to that the art of tackling and the way the game is now virtually non contact , even our centre half's are lacking in the art of defending now, it's all about playing out and joining in going forward, listen I don't mind that at all , but I still like to see a defender tackle or be able to defend properly

Comment

Robinson is 23 years old,should know by now the basics of defending. Hopefully it's just rustiness as not played much in last year.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                              Full backs now are attack minded , we don't teach full backs how to defend
                              Am pretty sure Kyle Walker knew how to defend when he was here, as did Danny Simpson and as does Jake Bidwell (who struggles to attack).

Comment

Stick with Robinson for me decent player there once fully fit. There is a role for both him and Bidwell but if it's choice between two I would select Robinson

Comment

Working...
                                X