Robinson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Robinson

Woeful for both goals. Useless. Lets his man run off of him to set up the first. Shows the man inside for the second. Worst full back play I've seen since that Chilean p rick we had in the relegation season. That throw counts for Jack S hit, Jack Robinson unless you can defend as a LB.

thought he had 3 or 4 chances to tackle costa , he just stood off him and admired his ball skills for the 2nd goal

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
      thought he had 3 or 4 chances to tackle costa , he just stood off him and admired his ball skills for the 2nd goal
      Was shocking 72. Thought it bad at the game. But I just saw the lowlight. Fell over at one time. Was nowhere near enough when the fella got the ball, stood off him and showed him inside!!!!!!!

Comment

Far too many of our players standing off. I think football has gone soft not allowing players to get stuck in for fear of a yellow everytime they make a foul. Why the hell referees cant just blow for a free kick most times beggars belief. Will be a non contact sport in 10 years.

Comment

Bit harsh, yes was at fault tonight for both goals, however I think he looks a decent left back in the making and hope I he stays fit. To say worst full back ever after about 5 games, 4 of which he looked decent is frankly ridiculous.

Comment

In for his long throws!

Comment

Originally posted by Romford Hoop View Post
              Bit harsh, yes was at fault tonight for both goals, however I think he looks a decent left back in the making and hope I he stays fit. To say worst full back ever after about 5 games, 4 of which he looked decent is frankly ridiculous.
              Who said worst full back ever? Needs telling if he's at fault for both goals and we lose 2-1, right? Basics of FB play is getting tight, showing outside and not allowing them to run off you and get behind you.

Comment

Well u said worst full back u had seen, so I assume that means ever, otherwise he is not the worst u have seen at Rangers

Comment

Well u said worst full back u had seen, so I assume that means ever, otherwise he is not the worst u have seen at Rangers
                  Play, not player. For those two goals. And only since Isla. I've seen worse than him. I hope he does well for us. But, defensively, he didn't tonight.

Comment

Oops my mistake, thought it was a bit harsh, the old mincer's are going a bit

Comment

Oops my mistake, thought it was a bit harsh, the old mincer's are going a bit
                      No. your Ok, Romford. I was veering toward a rant....

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        No. your Ok, Romford. I was veering toward a rant....
                        Passion 77, veering towards passion
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Everyone correct here. Robinson is gonna be a good player for us imo, but culpable for both goals last night. WTF doesn't he close the man down a. before he can cross the ball or b. before he gets a run at him and skins him.

Basics. Shame, cos like I said once the penny drops I think he's gonna be a player.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                            Woeful for both goals. Useless. Lets his man run off of him to set up the first. Shows the man inside for the second. Worst full back play I've seen since that Chilean p rick we had in the relegation season. That throw counts for Jack S hit, Jack Robinson unless you can defend as a LB.
                            Robinson looks good going forward and comfortable on the ball, but he does lack defensively. I said this to my old man at Forest away, he seems to get done with the give and go by their winger, when the winger spins and runs to receive the ball back, Robinson seems to daydream and not track him. Happened a couple of times last night.

As a side note, Isla was (and is) a class player - never understood the stick he got form some.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Lad is coming back from a nasty knee injury followed by a series of less serious injuries during his recovery. It will probably take a few months before he has the confidence to throw himself into the tackle again.

Bad game last night I do think the lad has a lot of potential.

Comment

Working...
                              X