No announcement yet.

Worst QPR side in years.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Poor. Robinson was s hit for their two goals. Poor all round. Smithies is the only quality player. Maybe Lynch and Hall. Onouha at CB can do a job. Midfield is s hite. Polter as useful as a pylon.

Comment

one of the worse teams i've seen in over 40 years , they're so hard to watch as well . smithies played well , we were poor all over the pitch

Comment

Very poor side ....

Norwich hadn't won a game since i believe September and they could have scored 5/6 goals last night ..

I fear for our squad ... They are just not good enough

We had a team in the past that on paper (and historically) were good players underperforming....

The players we have now are average/below average playing to their abilities (give or take) - that is a concern.

Where from here i ask ..... I believe we need to get the wallet out and introduce some real quality .. problem is how do we attract them - higher wages.. there belies another conundrum

Adel all is forgiven

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
          My opinion on him as chairman is he should step down as he is totally clueless and the same mistakes will keep being made.
          What about the so called DOF is he doing a good job? h'e advising him, 2 bad management appointments and who knows maybe a 3rd? he's not covering himself in glory poor players bought not up to Champ level, having far too much say, don't need him, and could possibly be a hindrance to getting a good boss
          because they don't want to work under him? T.F should've got rid ages ago but the DOF seems Teflon at the moment,
          As for the worst team, not sure! it's deffo a very poor team, but I think we may have had worse.
          Last edited by dave58; 02-12-2016, 02:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
            What about the so called DOF is he doing a good job? h'e advising him, 2 bad management appointments and who knows maybe a 3rd? he's not covering himself in glory poor players bought not up to Champ level, having far too much say, don't need him, and could possibly be a hindrance to getting a good boss
            because they don't want to work under him? T.F should've got rid ages ago but the DOF seems Teflon at the moment,
            As for the worst team, not sure! it's deffo a very poor team, but I think we may have had worse.
            AMEN

Comment

Great thread.
              Well done chaps.

Comment

We've been buying shite and hoping we strike it lucky. Works with one or two players but it's no way to build/rebuild a squad.

TF got burned wen we were in the PL and obviously doesn't want to invest heavily again, and prob won't til he gets the green light for the new stadium. I think the board are happy to tread water for the time being.

Comment

We are bang average at the moment but all it needs is a few tweaks in certain positions to have a decent team that can challenge for a PO place next season IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Just nothing about this team in any way shape or form.

Very poor all over the park tonight bar Smithies who is magnificent.

5 goals conceded in two games. Olly has a lot of hard work on his hands.
                    Agree he has to unravel a year of drossball and has some players who are playing for themselves
                    and not the team and without a real leader on the park.

Comment

I think Holloway will give them more confidence simpley by being himself, but this is a mid championship squad at the moment the same as it was under JFH , you look at some of our players and try putting them in the top ten squads in the championship at the moment , they will get better especially the young foreign players but it will need time and a couple of transfer windows before we really are able to challenge in my opinion

Comment

Originally posted by skranger View Post
                        Very poor side ....

Norwich hadn't won a game since i believe September and they could have scored 5/6 goals last night ..

I fear for our squad ... They are just not good enough

We had a team in the past that on paper (and historically) were good players underperforming....

The players we have now are average/below average playing to their abilities (give or take) - that is a concern.

Where from here i ask ..... I believe we need to get the wallet out and introduce some real quality .. problem is how do we attract them - higher wages.. there belies another conundrum

Adel all is forgiven
                        Wolffies ?

Comment

I think we actually have some good players. Unfortunately we are lacking some senior players to help all the young players we have. We all know whose fault this is.

Comment

I think it says a lot that i wouldn't care less if we lost any of these players (Smithies apart). Chery shows some good skill and touches now and then but he's just not that good or influential. Luongo is okay. Polter instead of spending 1.5 million on him could of gone to any park over the country on a sunday morning and got the same player, sorry but he's really bad.

Comment

I think our side 2-4 years ago was far worse than our side now austin aside. On paper we had a side that looked capable of challenging for the uefa cup, on the pitch we had a side that wasn't even capable of running a mcdonalds.

I haven't supported qpr for as long as most people on this site but the moneybags era was a terrible and embarrasing time to support us to the point i didn't care about our results because most of our players didn't give a crap about the fans or the club, bosingwa and redknapl laughing after we'd been relegated still infuriates me to this day.
                              At the end of the day football clubs are a beautiful thing with most in the leagues being 100+ years old with fans being born and dying as a dedicated supporter who travel all over the country following their love for their entire lives through thick and thin yet those guys didn't care about that one bit.

At the end of the day we could be in a way worse situation than we are now and at least the club is trying to return to its roots and developing a side like we used to before. We've found some gems already and we'll find more

Comment

Originally posted by Timmy the Doc View Post
                                Tony is not clueless. Ollie is.
                                Even for those with reservations, this is ludicrously soon to rush to judgement. We have a poor squad, Tony's record as chair is one of the worst of all time judge on the return (points per £s) but you have to reserve judgement on Ollie - at the very least until he's had a full contingent for a while. May not happen for him but three games.....

Comment

Working...
                                X