No announcement yet.

Jet

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

richard the 3rd = bird . , londoners been reffering to girls as richards for as long as i can remember .

Comment

I always got told it was Richard the third = Turd. As in i'm going for a Richard.

Comment

I believe you are both correct. I most certainly have heard both uses and having been in a cockney background as a child believe they would have been using correctly. I think you just have to analyse the context.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
          Season long loan. Can he be recalled? doubt it.
          I would have thought we'd have written in a recall clause.

I'd bring him back. I'd probably bring all the loans back to be honest. Let Ollie take a look at them. You can always send them back out on loan again if they're not getting a game!

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
            richard the 3rd = bird . , londoners been reffering to girls as richards for as long as i can remember .
            A Richard means something else where I'm from mate!

Comment

Yes Richard is most definitely the t word ,,,, any 'bird' called a Richard would be grossly offended

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                I would have thought we'd have written in a recall clause.

I'd bring him back. I'd probably bring all the loans back to be honest. Let Ollie take a look at them. You can always send them back out on loan again if they're not getting a game!
                Well apparently he wants to call doughty back in jan which could be a good move for us. Hes done really well for swindon this season and has been their best and key player thus far. He acts as a creative pivot for them which is the kind of player we need

Comment

Clean slate. Can't hurt to give him another go imo. What is it, 12 goals for Gillingham already this season?
                  Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                  Pawel Wszolek - 6
                  Luke Freeman - 6
                  Matt Smith - 6
                  Ebere Eze - 4
                  Joel Lynch - 3
                  Tomer Hemed - 3
                  Toni Leistner - 2
                  Massimo Luongo- 2
                  Angel Rangel - 2
                  Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                  Geoff Cameron - 1
                  Aramide Oteh - 1
                  Jake Bidwell - 1
                  Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                    A Richard means something else where I'm from mate!
                    Where you from mate?

Change Centuries Old Cockney Phrases To Something Else Land?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                      Where you from mate?

Change Centuries Old Cockney Phrases To Something Else Land?
                      Born in Glasgow funnily enough but moved to the Middle East when I was a baby. Then briefly back to Glasgow as a young kid before my folks settled down in Surrey. Went overseas again in my 20's. Proper nomad basically!

A Richard is a turd wherever you're from though, ain't it?!!

Comment

Nah. Rich Ard is deffo a woman in London mate.

Might be the Glasgee thing cos i have also heard a shite be called a Richard by northerners,

Saying that every word has changed and cockney is as good as dead.

'Pull a bird' now means shagged her, not got her number in a club.
                        'Chief' means carnt now, not 'alright chief how are ya'.
                        Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 02-12-2016, 10:42 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Nah. Rich Ard. is deffo a woman in London mate.

Might be the Glasgee thing cos i have also heard a shite be called a Richard by northerners,
                          Heard plenty of Londoners use Richard as rhyme for turd too though mate.

May be ambiguous, there are few that could have more than one meaning ain't there? Like "bubble", could mean having a laugh or a Greek.
                          Last edited by Tarbie; 02-12-2016, 10:47 AM.

Comment

i'm from the borough of wandsworth , i've asked 8 people today at work , in the context of my original post and all 8 say " bird" , from where i'm from if u need to use the toilet " you go for a pony ", i accept in different parts of the country it means different things . i should have just put ' girl'

Comment

forget

forget worrying what a richard is and isnt i thought jet was second only to charlie austin he proved in the pre season games that he was on fire i was at aldershot where he destroyed them scoring two candidates for goal of the season
                              i hope holloway re instates jet straight away
                              its been a terrible jimmy floyde mess us here what was the IDIOT thinking getting rid of our jet
                              Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

We must attack in twos and threes we are not tight enough in attack the defence and midfield have got to move up to support the attack
                                Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                                X