No announcement yet.

Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Have to say had Norwich played with 11 men we could have lost all 3 games. The worry is Ipswich had not scored in 6 or 7 games and Wolves had not won since September.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      Have to say had Norwich played with 11 men we could have lost all 3 games. The worry is Ipswich had not scored in 6 or 7 games and Wolves had not won since September.

Comment

Appointing holloway was just the cheap and easy option.just don't think he has the tactical nous needed to get the best out of the players. All very well being passionate about the club but that only goes a short way.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
          I'm not saying get shot give Ollie chance I agree and am all for that but Jesus if he gets it wrong from the start like tonight and ipswich surely we can ask the question?? And you can't pull the morale card out the hat as Ollie lovers have been banging on and on about how he will change morale and get players on board with his enthusiasm

I don't think we would have lost against ipswich or tonight under JFH would it have been boring yes probably but we would not have lost. We're the last two games entertaining no have we come away with anything no

Six halves of football dire in all but one of them
          I agree with all you said.

The last 2 games have been poor and both opponents even worse than QPR, yet 2 losses, but we are not supposed to complain.

We can blame the playets when they make basic errors or don't appear to be putting in a shift, but when the manager is using formations that don't suit the players or play them out of position, who's fault is it?

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Have to say had we played with 11 men, been given the blatant hand ball at the beginning and Lynch had not missed a sitter at the end of the game, we would have easily won tonight's game.

Comment

Spot on.

Said it before and I'll say it again, Holloway was the wrong choice. He was appointed because he was cheaper and because LF only seems to appoint those he knows.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
                Polter is just not good enough. I think we look much better under Holloway.....need someone like adel!
                Just watched some of the goals and skills of Adel. Well he is amazing and all the players we have now cannot make the things Adel do not even in their dreams! He will lift us enormously, but is he willing to come to us again....and in the championship?

Comment

I'm not saying get shot give Ollie chance I agree and am all for that but Jesus if he gets it wrong from the start like tonight and ipswich surely we can ask the question?? And you can't pull the morale card out the hat as Ollie lovers have been banging on and on about how he will change morale and get players on board with his enthusiasm

I don't think we would have lost against ipswich or tonight under JFH would it have been boring yes probably but we would not have lost. We're the last two games entertaining no have we come away with anything no

Six halves of football dire in all but one of them
                  But why can't you allow him a bit of time to get things right? It's inevitable that a new manager will make a few mistakes at the beginning whilst he's experimenting with systems and formations and getting to know his players. He needs to try things out and inevitably it's not always going to pay off, but we need to show some patience. And yes of course you have every right to question his selections. I just it's far far too early to judge the man too harshly. Instead, as fans, we need to be giving him our backing and support.

Comment

Originally posted by norfolk ranger View Post
                    Appointing holloway was just the cheap and easy option.just don't think he has the tactical nous needed to get the best out of the players. All very well being passionate about the club but that only goes a short way.
                    It didn't work in 2001 and it may not tbis season either. And if it goes wrong , the players will be blamed again.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                      But why can't you give him a bit of time to get things right? It's inevitable that a new manager will make a few mistakes at the beginning whilst he's experimenting with systems and formations and getting to know his players. He needs to try things out and inevitably it's not always going to pay off, but we need to show some patience. And yes of course you have every right to question his selections. I just it's far far too early to judge the man too harshly, instead, as fans, we need to be giving him our backing and support.
                      OK playing devil's advocate and agreeing we give him time (I agree we should for record) do you see Halls long term future in Centre midfield yes or no

Comment

Hmmm. If Jimmy gave me a crock of s hit and asked me to turn it into gold I think I'd struggle. Jimmy gave him a crock of s hit. He's struggling.

Comment

OK playing devil's advocate and agreeing we give him time (I agree we should for record) do you see Halls long term future in Centre midfield yes or no
                          Long term, no I don't mate. Of course he's a CB by trade. Far more importantly though I think Ollie knows that too.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                            Just watched some of the goals and skills of Adel. Well he is amazing and all the players we have now cannot make the things Adel do not even in their dreams! He will lift us enormously, but is he willing to come to us again....and in the championship?
                            He's playing in benfica reserves and we're only fans that loved him. Worth a punt.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                              Hmmm. If Jimmy gave me a crock of s hit and asked me to turn it into gold I think I'd struggle. Jimmy gave him a crock of s hit. He's struggling.
                              Yes he was responsible for getting rid of Alli and Clint (DOF said it was his decision). Also he refused to play Sandro who played well tonight but after sitting on the sidelines all season is not fit yet.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                                It didn't work in 2001 and it may not tbis season either. And if it goes wrong , the players will be blamed again.
                                Why didn't it work in 2001?

Comment

Working...
                                X