If JFH started Hall Centre Mid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If JFH started Hall Centre Mid

What would you have thought and posted????

Or any other manager for that fact

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      Or any other manager for that fact
      He would have been slaughtered of course. Curious what Holloway sees in him there, not exactly the position we are lacking in.

Comment

Originally posted by nanocopic View Post
        He would have been slaughtered of course. Curious what Holloway sees in him there, not exactly the position we are lacking in.
        Bet it's met with next to no criticism

Comment

Why are you suprised by holloway and his selections. I remember 10 years ago and he does not look like he has changed a great deal.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
            Why are you suprised by holloway and his selections. I remember 10 years ago and he does not look like he has changed a great deal.
            #squarepegsinroundholes
            QPR
            Best team in the world
            Sort of

Comment

I didn't really criticise the JFH position choices because I could understand them, players are a lot less "set" in one position and if they have the characteristics required to do a certain role, they shouldn't be limited simply because they usually play elsewhere. It's why I thought cousins could be ok at right back when he was pushed there, it's why Washington looked more dangerous from the left, etc. I think the Hall thing though is interesting if only because we have actual centre mid options available and fully fit who can play, but if I were to guess, Hall could slot in at centre back when we're on the back foot and carry the ball forward on the front foot.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

I think it's Ollie trying to be smart. Hasn't Gaurdiola been doing something similar with Man City this season? They have been using something that I've heard referred to as a "flexible midfield pivot". Silly terminology for a holding midfielder that drops back into defence, turning a back 4 into a 5 when they lose the ball.

Unfortunately Ollie is not Pep Guardiola. All he is actually doing is playing our best centre half in a position where are are already spoilt with decent options. One of which being Borysiuk who no longer gets a look in!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                  I think it's Ollie trying to be smart. Hasn't Gaurdiola been doing something similar with Man City this season? They have been using something that I've heard referred to as a "flexible midfield pivot". Silly terminology for a holding midfielder that drops back into defence, turning a back 4 into a 5 when they lose the ball.

Unfortunately Ollie is not Pep Guardiola. All he is actually doing is playing our best centre half in a position where are are already spoilt with decent options. One of which being Borysiuk who no longer gets a look in!
                  And Hall is a good centre back never a midfielder, whilst at Man City they have Fernandinho who is a world class midfielder who can slot effortlessly into centre half when needed. Its really no comparison.

Comment

Hall is better in midfield that Cousins. It's not like Luongo and Chery are outstanding playing there.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                      Hall is better in midfield that Cousins. It's not like Luongo and Chery are outstanding playing there.
                      77 one of your worst posts ever. You never liked JFH snd wanted him gone mate so did I but there is no way on earth you can defend that call tonight. If JFH had done it you would be on the defib machine now you have to be fair and consistent

That was s hit selection end of

Comment

Bet it's met with next to no criticism
                        Because you can't criticize a manager trying different things very early on to see what he can change.

Comment

Agree Westy Hall is a good centre half and should play there. As for him being in midfield how do the other midfielders feel when Hall starts and Carlos comes on as a sub. Good old Chery delivered #### all again.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                            Because you can't criticize a manager trying different things very early on to see what he can change.
                            Hall in CM yes you can criticise

Did you like Palmer in CM????

Comment

Hall in CM yes you can criticise

Did you like Palmer in CM????
                              Not really no but as I say I won't criticize a manager after 3 games. We're so shite I'm not surprised he's trying anything at all to change our fortunes.

Comment

Working...
                              X