Finbar Stokes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finbar Stokes

Not sure how many of you on here knew him, but Finbar Stokes was a lifelong QPR fan, and one of the loveliest blokes I've ever met.
    Sadly today he lost his battle with cancer. Gutted isn't the word. Just wanted to spread the word on here in case anyone who knows him hadn't heard the news, and also to pay tribute to a true gent.
    RIP Finbar, you'll be missed.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

RIP finbar... the loss of one of our own is always a tragic loss.
    Last edited by Awin; 30-11-2016, 06:17 PM.

Comment

Plenty of tributes already:

https://www.facebook.com/Qprtid/posts/1301085586596160

https://www.facebook.com/julie.qpr.h...11670019968752

Lovely man. RIP Finbar.

Comment

For anyone that wants to, in the White Horse before the game tomorrow there are a load of us getting together to raise a glass for Fin. Everyone is welcome.
        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
        Pawel Wszolek - 6
        Luke Freeman - 6
        Matt Smith - 6
        Ebere Eze - 4
        Joel Lynch - 3
        Tomer Hemed - 3
        Toni Leistner - 2
        Massimo Luongo- 2
        Angel Rangel - 2
        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
        Geoff Cameron - 1
        Aramide Oteh - 1
        Jake Bidwell - 1
        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

RIP finbar. Have heard your name but not lucky enough to meet you. Condolences to all.
          Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

RIP finbar

Comment

Don't know him but know some of the family very well. R I P Finbar.

Comment

RIP Finbar.
                Hearing this sad news as brought back a good memory of many years ago now about him.
                When Ade started his own forum many years ago (QPR Revolution) we arranged a meet up one Saturday when there wasn't a game on to all meet up at Euston and go on a Pub Crawl.
                There was only about 6 or 7 of us that turned up but Finbar was one who made it.
                Funny thing is that we all met up in the bar upstairs in Euston Station, but didn't actually leave the place!!
                Spent about 5 hours in there sharing our memories of QPR.
                Great Man, and even made sure I got on my train back to Milton Keynes as was wasted at the end of the day.
                The 1st and only time I met him as well.

At the time I was in a bad time in my life, but can remember the chat we had that day and helped me feel better as a person from that day onwards.
                Hearing this news has been a big shock.
                But if any of Finbars family read this, I would like them to know that meeting him that day made me feel better in myself.
                I'm not afraid to admit that I didn't care about my life 1 bit in them days, but having people like Finbar and a few others to talk to meant a lot.
                Now have a Great Home, Job, 6 year old Daughter and getting married next summer.

At a low point in life having people at that time to talk to, meant a lot to me.
                RIP Finbar.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                  RIP Finbar.
                  Hearing this sad news as brought back a good memory of many years ago now about him.
                  When Ade started his own forum many years ago (QPR Revolution) we arranged a meet up one Saturday when there wasn't a game on to all meet up at Euston and go on a Pub Crawl.
                  There was only about 6 or 7 of us that turned up but Finbar was one who made it.
                  Funny thing is that we all met up in the bar upstairs in Euston Station, but didn't actually leave the place!!
                  Great Man, and even made sure I got on my train back to Milton Keynes as was wasted at the end of the day.

At the time I was in a bad time in my life, but can remember the chat we had that day and helped me feel better as a person from that day onwards.
                  But if any of Finbars family read this, I would like them to know that meeting him that day made me feel better in myself.
                  I'm not afraid to admit that I didn't care about my life 1 bit in them days, but having people like Finbar and a few others to talk to meant a lot.
                  Now have a Great Home, Job, 6 year old Daughter and getting married next summer.

At a low point in life having people at that time to talk to, meant a lot to me.
                  RIP Finbar.
                  Great post, and a fitting tribute to his memory. RIP Finbarr

Comment

RIP

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
                      RIP Finbar.

RIP Finbar.
                      Nice post mate. I also remember Fin from Ade's message board, posted on there a lot before I came here. Met him a fee times on the odd away trip but mostly in the springbok before games when I started going there.
                      Lovely guy, genuinely lovely. I'll miss him terribly.
                      Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                      Pawel Wszolek - 6
                      Luke Freeman - 6
                      Matt Smith - 6
                      Ebere Eze - 4
                      Joel Lynch - 3
                      Tomer Hemed - 3
                      Toni Leistner - 2
                      Massimo Luongo- 2
                      Angel Rangel - 2
                      Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                      Geoff Cameron - 1
                      Aramide Oteh - 1
                      Jake Bidwell - 1
                      Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

RIP Finbar

Comment

i didnt know Finbar but his death obviously is great loss to the people who did ,RIP
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Rest in Peace Finbar. What a sad year for losing so many well known personalities and more personal losses.
                            I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                            This morning's tempest I have to cross
                            I must be guided without a stumble
                            Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                              Great post, and a fitting tribute to his memory. RIP Finbarr
                              spot on. RIP.

Comment

Working...
                              X