How good was Paul Parker - discuss

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How good was Paul Parker - discuss

He was at Rangers in my early days supporting side. Memories were he was lightning quick but don't remember much else although when I hear older Rangers fans talk about him they rave how good he was. Did he partner Macca??

Who remembers watching him

Brilliant. Had a great leap on him for a little fella.

Comment

I was in my late teens when he played for us.
      A long time ago now but always remember him as a class act. Seemed to be able to defy gravity when challenging for aerial balls as he'd more often than not win headers against players much taller than himself.
      Can't remember if he played regularly with Macca to be honest.,
      Talking of Macca, I remember him getting a hard time from quite a few fans when he broke into the first team and it seemed to affect his confidence. Took him a while to win them over but, as the saying goes, the rest is history. Food for thought for those that like to boo our own players maybe.
      “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
      Will Danaher

Comment

Previous posters have it spot on... his speed and arial abilities are what set him apart.

Played for us at right back but after moving to united he mainly played at centre half.

Comment

Bit of a flop at united??

Comment

No he done well there to be fair.
            Great little player. Pleasure to watch which is rare in a defender,

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              Bit of a flop at united??
              I don't think so was he?

I remember him featuring regularly for them over 5 years. Only thing was he was injured a lot towards the end.

Comment

Great player, 100% effort each game, sadly involved in that own goal at World Cup and a flop with Fergie
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                  Great player, 100% effort each game, sadly involved in that own goal at World Cup and a flop with Fergie
                  Averaged 23 odd games a season. Hardly a flop I'd say.

Comment

Fairly sure he played as a sweeper for quite a long period and was quite simply superb at it.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                      Averaged 23 odd games a season. Hardly a flop I'd say.
                      Flop was probably harsh from me, didn't improve much considering he went there. One of my favourite players though and was very sad to see him leave.
                      I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Quality player for us and went to united and played right back and eventually replaced by Gary Neville never a flop for them just was not the best technically but was an outstanding man to man marker.

Comment

Best man market Parker or Maddix???

Comment

Parker all day long. If he was good enough for Sir Bobby in Italia 90 then he is good enough for me.

Comment

I loved both Parker and Maddix, those were the best days and we were a team and a half then.

Parker was in a league of his own and one of the best at the time, no wonder Sir Alex took him away.

I thought the same about Danny too.

Comment

Working...
                              X