Two up top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
    We have all cried out for it but today the front two as a partnership we're atrocious although Washington grafted and was probably only player to earn his corn

For me a front two need to play in tandem and off each other but they were miles apart when ball went forward you could have driven four or five buses between them.

Need do some serious work on training pitch if it's going to click

For the record worse game I have seen BFG have!!! a one ton breeze block would have been more effective
    Just watched the full game back. Polter was farking dreadful it has to be said, and rightly got hauled off. He was constantly giving stupid fouls away, which is the last thing you need from a striker. You want him to hold it up and use his strength but he uses his strength in completely the wrong way. Giving away needless fouls is a big flaw in his game and something Ollie needs to address.

No way Sylla deserves to be on the bench considering his scoring record. The only thing he needs to improve is his English, which I'm sure will come.

Washington grafted all game, made good runs, was positionally good but just starved of service.

Comment

I've never been a Polter fan. Sylla looks a more complete striker, I'd quite like to see Sylla and JET teamed up with some decent support from behind.

You have to set up to service your front men properly, it doesn't matter how many or how few they are. One up top can work brilliantly if the MF link up properly. We seldom did this under JFH and in any case Polter is a liability back to goal i.e. not a one up merchant. Olly has some serious thinking to do.

Comment

Sylla should start every game if fit enough with Conor, only use the BFG in the last 15 minutes
        You Rsssssss

Comment

The game was crying out for Luongo or a good playmaker.

Comment

Is that not Chery's role? Playmaker

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
              The game was crying out for Luongo or a good playmaker.
              I would say more then play maker he's the one in the middle that gives us our bite and sets tempo of the team and we missed him massively. Raises question in his absence who comes in and does that job as it's clearly not Henry who was the selection and cousins showed no signs he could be the go too

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Agree

Comment

Not much playmaking you can do when the ball is stuck behind you all the time because of Henry and Cousins.
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Not much playmaking you can do when the ball is stuck behind you all the time because of Henry and Cousins.
                  Thought you rated cousins??? Would also add looked very much like Chery was hiding Saturday or just disinterested

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
                    You have to set up to service your front men properly, it doesn't matter how many or how few they are. One up top can work brilliantly if the MF link up properly.
                    Southampton last night - prime example.

Comment

I did say a good one. Think Chery was missing Luongo big time.

Comment

Polt had a great goal and assist last week. A week is a long time in football.

Comment

Polter on Saturday made Varney and McGoldrick look like Robert Lewandowski. He was shite and has no awareness whatsoever

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            Polt had a great goal and assist last week. A week is a long time in football.
                            Agree Brian. I would say his main weakness is the giving away of too many needless fouls. If Ollie can eradicate that from his game he'd be a much better player.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                              Thought you rated cousins??? Would also add looked very much like Chery was hiding Saturday or just disinterested
                              Yeah I thought that some need see it as it is Polter was not at the races but then he's not over gifted is he , he relies totally on getting service which was conspicuous by its absence , but Chery a man with a certain amount of ability that could create something and didn't is by far the bigger villain

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                                Agree Brian. I would say his main weakness is the giving away of too many needless fouls. If Ollie can eradicate that from his game he'd be a much better player.
                                Yeah true, think there are narrow margins with these things and strikers like polt try for that little advantage. Not gonna work with certain referees.

Comment

Working...
                                X