Two up top

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two up top

We have all cried out for it but today the front two as a partnership we're atrocious although Washington grafted and was probably only player to earn his corn

For me a front two need to play in tandem and off each other but they were miles apart when ball went forward you could have driven four or five buses between them.

Need do some serious work on training pitch if it's going to click

For the record worse game I have seen BFG have!!! a one ton breeze block would have been more effective

looking at the side Holloway selected it didn't really help the front two. Would have liked to have seen a winger and we are bereft of creativity in the middle. Like you West, I'm not convinced this was a wise recruitment
    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
    This morning's tempest I have to cross
    I must be guided without a stumble
    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

So right mate about width. First half last week had so much width today need used flanks at all. If he's not going play wingers away then drop one of front men and have extra man in middle

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
        We have all cried out for it but today the front two as a partnership we're atrocious although Washington grafted and was probably only player to earn his corn

For me a front two need to play in tandem and off each other but they were miles apart when ball went forward you could have driven four or five buses between them.

Need do some serious work on training pitch if it's going to click

For the record worse game I have seen BFG have!!! a one ton breeze block would have been more effective
        This. Still can't believe what a pisspoor performance I saw today. Ok, so Smithies doing a Greeno probably sealed the deal for Ipswich but we were awful. Two up? More like one up but in two different places - they were never close enough. I'm not a BFG slater but agree with West, worst game he has played for us. Beware of this back to the future with Ollie, guys. Was Henry and Cousins really the best midfield pairing he could do today? Did he have any idea how to change things? He never was tactically astute and nothing has changed. This could have been Ramsey or JFH today, no difference. Beaten by one of the worst teams I've seen this season. We kept Mick in a job today. Work to do for Thursady or it will be another embarrassing horror show.

Comment

Polter never won a header or even a free kick and confirmed what I thought of him a #### player who offers #### all up front.

Comment

Polter lovely guy but never going to set the world on fire. Why he starts a he'd of shops god only knows
            I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Sylla on current showings seems more of a threat and think would be better partner with Connor

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                Sylla on current showings seems more of a threat and think would be better partner with Connor
                Think Ollie is more concerned about his lack of English language Westy

Comment

Good call mate probably right

Comment

Originally posted by dogsrrs View Post
                    Think Ollie is more concerned about his lack of English language Westy
                    Sort it then, it's only French - he ain't from Mars.

Comment

Would rather sylla threw paper aeroplanes to the team than ####ing a useless pile of shite who allowed their centre halves a easy game yesterday as he just does not move or close down. Look at their two centre forwards who were limited but made our defenders play as always closed us down and also jumped to win a header.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                        Would rather sylla threw paper aeroplanes to the team than ####ing a useless pile of shite who allowed their centre halves a easy game yesterday as he just does not move or close down. Look at their two centre forwards who were limited but made our defenders play as always closed us down and also jumped to win a header.
                        Good point there front two did make our CB play the ball and gave them no time. Polter was particularly bad yesterday but he does offer something yesterday I'm with you though very poor

Comment

Polter should only be a sub hes clue less skill less and is not good enough to be in the starting eleven
                          Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by qprted View Post
                            Polter should only be a sub hes clue less skill less and is not good enough to be in the starting eleven
                            Bang on Ted. Sylla is our top scoring striker and he should be in the starting 11
                            nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Originally posted by Hitman34 View Post
                              Bang on Ted. Sylla is our top scoring striker and he should be in the starting 11
                              Poulter played well last week and scored a good goal, so can't really blame Olly for picking him this week.

Comment

Working...
                              X