Standing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Standing

Having been watching highlights of various places, I have noticed that a lot of teams have a massive section where it is okay to stand, and I am not talking about the big teams.

Leeds stand behind their goal, so do Notts Forest, Boro, WBA, Ipswich, Wolves and various other places. We only have half of R block that stands and makes noise all game.

Would making the school end a 'standing zone' work? Could sing in harmony with R block and get more of a wrap around effect? I have noticed more and more that more teams stand than we do, and it is so much easier to scream and shout when you are standing up.

FA are currently well in to a review on standing sections at clubs.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...adiums-7184142

https://www.theguardian.com/football...anding-anfield
    Last edited by Awin; 22-11-2016, 01:04 PM.

Comment

The MD of the company that does safe standing for Celtic was on the radio last week. He's had West ham and all sorts phone him up for quotes.
      Took me back to the loft in the old days. Didn't matter where you started 'cos when we scored you'd end up anywhere anyway. Just had to be a bit light on your feet which was easier then than now. Happy days.

Comment

Been wanting this for years. I heard that one of the obstacles to safe standing in the prem was strong opposition from Liverpool, but the fact is that safe standing is actually the best way to protect fans.

Time to put this to the powers that be.

Comment

The way Celtic do it works well. Basically a bar where everyone has there own standing area just like a seat and a seat can be attached for competitions that require all seated. I don't think we should go back to the days of unorganised standing with the swaying and so on. Of course all of this is only worth QPR doing if enough people actually will stand every match and will all be happy to move their season ticket to the same location.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Been wanting this for years. I heard that one of the obstacles to safe standing in the prem was strong opposition from Liverpool, but the fact is that safe standing is actually the best way to protect fans.

Time to put this to the powers that be.

Yet most of the Kop end stands the whole game anyway, and for big games they all do.

But my point was to do something about it now. Or is it something that we as a fan base arent interested in? I hate sitting, I go to the games for a laugh and to have fun. I have no interest in causing offence or getting into a row with anyone. I just want to have a laugh and lose my voice, something that has not happened in a long time, especially away (Fulham a side, but then we were all standing ...)

Comment

Would love standing sections back at LR, always think it is more dangerous to stand in seated areas than the terraces. I have lost my balance a few times in the past and nearly come a cropper.

Best days supporting the R's was in the 70's and 80's in the Loft.
              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

The safe standing that other clubs have is not like it was in the good old days. You still have rows of terracing but each one has a tall barrier in front and behind. I don't know how the tickets are sold for this would it be all open and free for all or would you get allocated a row or a particular number in that row ?? would not be much different to it is now.

Comment

Originally posted by Garyd73 View Post
                  The safe standing that other clubs have is not like it was in the good old days. You still have rows of terracing but each one has a tall barrier in front and behind. I don't know how the tickets are sold for this would it be all open and free for all or would you get allocated a row or a particular number in that row ?? would not be much different to it is now.
                  You still get allocated a row and what is basically a seat number. It is just a chance to stand instead of sit which is enjoyable.

Comment

Yeah its intelligent safe standing these days, I imagine that you would be allocated a row, then as I understand it there are seats that retract and can be used when all seating is compulsory which I am guessing are the euo0pean games.

Comment

Originally posted by SpongeParr View Post
                      Yet most of the Kop end stands the whole game anyway, and for big games they all do.
                      That's the point - if they're gonna be doing that anyway, safe standing is a safer environment that standing in a seating area. Personally I always enjoyed the terraces so any form of standing works for me, but the opposition at Liverpool is based on understandable sentiment rather than a practical assessment. Incidentally, many L.F.C fans support the concept, but the antis were listened to. That maybe about to change.

Comment

Not the school end, they still give some away fans the whole thing. Gotta be the loft end, lower loft at least. Would love it if that was made safe standing and the family stand allocated elsewhere.
                        Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                        Pawel Wszolek - 6
                        Luke Freeman - 6
                        Matt Smith - 6
                        Ebere Eze - 4
                        Joel Lynch - 3
                        Tomer Hemed - 3
                        Toni Leistner - 2
                        Massimo Luongo- 2
                        Angel Rangel - 2
                        Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                        Geoff Cameron - 1
                        Aramide Oteh - 1
                        Jake Bidwell - 1
                        Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I'd love to stand all game. First (and only time so far) i did it was the fulham game and it was great, makes for a proper good atmosphere and you actually feel like you're part of a crowd rather than feeling like you're sitting in a packef cinema.

Plus the seats are absolutely terrible you're tall, every game it feels like i have to play twister just to fold myself up into my seat

Comment

loved standing in the old days , in my 50's now so like to sit

Comment

Originally posted by 72bus View Post
                              loved standing in the old days , in my 50's now so like to sit
                              I hear ya 72!! Maybe have sa upper for us older lads and paddocks standing. Same in loft but standing at back in ellerslie with sitters at front.still like to stand meself but age is creeping up and I'll be wanting me lap blanket in a few seasons!!
                              Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

Working...
                              X