Great win!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great win!!

Was fantastic to get up to watch the lads today and fantastic to get the 3 points!

It's clear to see Ollies had a big impact in a short time already. I was genuinely over the moon to see Washington and Polter starting together as a partnership and it made the difference in the end.
    The 5 3 2 through me a little when I saw the line up but after the first half display I thought it really suited the players we have at the club presently and we looked pretty decent, albeit against 10 men from literately the first minute of the game.

Have to say for 65-70 mins we definitely deserved to win the game and we really should of put them to bed way before they scored and made it a nervy last 15 or so minutes.

Players who stood out for me today were Lynch, Hall, Chery, Washinton and Sandro when he came on!1

Lynch - if we ever play 4 4 2 again then it should be hall and lynch. He's a absolute unit but won most things in the air and looked a really composed player.

Hall - looked back to his best today. Very good footballer for a cb!

Chery - creatively excellent and a lot of our good attacking play was initiated through him. Does make the odd wrong choice when it comes to passes but overall was a very good display and set up what was ultimately the winning goal!

Washington - Ran his socks and was in the right position to score. Chased back to win back ballas and his pace is an asset we should of used weeks ago.

Sandro - How there was ever a thread on this fella on this site questioning his abillity is just shameful and anyone who said they'd prefer cousins over him is just delusional or stupid! Bossed the game when he came on and some of his one touch passing was class! You could see he was easily the best player on the park and imo should start very game now. Keep him until the end of the season and we might even sneak the play offs!!!

As much as it was a great performance there were two performances that did worry me. One was Cousins and the other was Ned. Both gave the ball away in stupid positions to many times for my liking and on another day we would of got punished.
    Ned does look clumsy at time and he definitely has a mistake or two in him which scares the life out of me. I wouldn't question any of these two effort or desire though!
    Caulker in a back three wih Lynch and Hall would be my preference and dropping Cousins for Sandro next week. Was surprised Luongo came of instead of cousins!

TO finish the summary up on a high again, I thought the young boy Shopido came on and done really well. Very raw but loved watching making those direct runs at the Norwich defenders. Was great to see.

After all the high's and lows and going right back to the Briatore take over I actually think we might be getting our RRRRRSSSS back!!
    Last edited by maidstone_hoop; 19-11-2016, 10:04 PM.
Working...
X