On way home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On way home

Well we saw every side of Rangers today,first half good passing, possession and movement with every player knowing their job and playing well,2 well taken goals,a missed pen and a 2-0 lead against 10 men, what could possibly go wrong. Unfortunately for us it was called the second half,coasting the game for 60 mins then for some reason they fell apart big time.
    They reverted to type, losing possession cheaply,hoofball and total panic from players when in possession, the Norwich goal was coming for about 10 minutes,obvious they would score as we had lost all cohesion.

I am sure Ollie would have learnt a fair bit today both positive and negative.
    MOTM for me was Washington who scored and look lively all game, Robinson looked decent until hamstring went and Lynch had a decent game.
    Chery blew hot and cold,divine pass for Polters goal but to often game the ball away or lost possession to cheaply.

Thought that was Chery's best game for us. And I voted to bench him. Looked really good on the right. Cousins, however was pants.

Comment

Smithies was quiet today which proves we deserved our win . Great atmosphere with Olly back my motm has gotta be chery. That lad has it all and is our new adel under olly!!
      Ooh northern lads love gravy

Comment

It was my first game of the season,we were absolutely brilliant for 70 mins and should have been out of sight,very nervous ending to game but we held on for fully deserved win,unbelievable atmosphere at the game,best I've seen in many a year .

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
          It was my first game of the season,we were absolutely brilliant for 70 mins and should have been out of sight,very nervous ending to game but we held on for fully deserved win,unbelievable atmosphere at the game,best I've seen in many a year .
          Best this season without a doubt, you picked a good game to come to as your first. I mean Leeds was enjoyable of course but atmosphere was still far better today than opening game.

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
            Thought that was Chery's best game for us. And I voted to bench him. Looked really good on the right. Cousins, however was pants.
            I was really impressed with him first half was like a new player but second half he was back to his wasteful self. There seems to be no happy medium

I would however suggest as fans we show some concern and don't get carried away with yesterday as we did play very very well first half but we faced a team with 10men for over 90mins and for the second half or last third of game we were second best

We won the game which was objective but we won't be facing 10men for 90mins very often so as nice as the win felt second half was simply not good enough but great platform to build from

Comment

I think Norwich team talk try and keep it 2-0 and go for it last 15-20 minutes if still 2-0 which they did and we panicked

Comment

LPGood start to Ollie's 2nd spell. Hopefully we learn from the errors and build on the positives. Encouraging and 3 points next weekend will see me holding the high ground at work, as I'm surrounded by tractor hating canaries - or canary hating tractor boy's
                I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

for me the man of the match was ollie
                  hes a god like creature and the best manager we have had since warnock
                  football is all about management if we sell massimo in jan and give ollie the five million we get for him then we will go up
                  Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Working...
                  X