Company pension

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
    No stick to what I am saying, Hubble has plenty of money so can afford to take high risk/high reward his option is the wreckless one
    Actually the reverse is true (I love how people make these huge assumptions!), I have very little money - I invested in bitcoin at the right time, that's all. You say it's reckless, that's your opinion. Fact is had you invested when you asked me about this weare, you would have doubled your money by now.

Of course it's a risk - what investment isn't? I'm not saying put your house into bitcoin, but if you have some spare change, it could be worth a flutter. As Stan says, overall trend is up. More than doubled its price this year. People who are much better at this kind of thing than me can make a killing buying and selling off price fluctuations. As for the longterm view and MYU's pension - I was really saying it half tongue in cheek, but who knows - if it continues it's historical trend, there could be no better investment.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
      Not sure what you've been looking at Stan, but it's been around £600 a btc for weeks now. I check every few days. Lowest I've seen in last 5 weeks is about £580, highest about £605, which it is today.
      Yes, that's what I've noticed too Hubs. I just meant 'volatile' by comparison to the more stable currencies like the pound, dollar, euro, yuan etc which barely shift in that same time frame. I guess these differences are to be expected though. Agree it still seems a good bet overall.

Comment

If you're thinking of divorce now or in the future (meaning you don't think it will last) don't waste your money on a pension, as a bloke you get stitched up big time. I pay in 9% and employer puts in 18%.
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

I might change it to 1% so the company put in 1%.

I'll take a look at that bitcoin.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
            About six months ago I joined the company pension, I don't know much about it but people said you should do it.

I started with 6% of my wages and was told by some that the company match what you pay in, however my company was paying very little each month. I questioned this and have been told the company only pay 1%.

My question is what should I do, carry on as normal, pay the same amount, or cancel it?
            Cancel, it won't exist by the time retire...bitcoin gold silver thats the best pension

I'll save the research

https://www.goldmoney.com/

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
              Cancel, it won't exist by the time retire...bitcoin gold silver thats the best pension

I'll save the research

Thanks mate, I'll have a look at this after work.

I don't have the money to buy just one bitcoin.

Comment

W12 is wrong, they have brought nest because they will stop state pension by the time we are retired myu. Yes its a con but nest is better than nothing. Life time isa is the answer because it is a guaranteed 25% interest and not 1 poster has competed with me on that one. I am looking into bitcoin but it definitely is high risk and at over 600 pounds we have missed the boat IMO. Many people think it won't get over 1000 dollars so probably not worth that risk
                I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I'll save the research

That looks like a cool site to trade on in gold. However they make a claim that is untrue: they say 'No currency has beaten gold in the last 15 years'. Bitcoin has beaten gold hands down since its inception just over 8 years ago.

MYU - you don't have to buy a whole bitcoin (should you feel like dipping your toe in the water), you can buy fractions of a bitcoin, down to one millionth of a coin (or less) should you choose. You have to consider it as a gamble (as with any currency trade), so only invest an amount you don't mind about losing.

Comment

You have to consider it as a gamble (as with any currency trade), so only invest an amount you don't mind about losing.
                    Sensible advice. That was my approach when I bought some in July. It was about £500 a bitcoin at the time. Bought a little Ethereum too as more of a long-term bet.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      W12 is wrong, they have brought nest because they will stop state pension by the time we are retired myu. Yes its a con but nest is better than nothing. Life time isa is the answer because it is a guaranteed 25% interest and not 1 poster has competed with me on that one. I am looking into bitcoin but it definitely is high risk and at over 600 pounds we have missed the boat IMO. Many people think it won't get over 1000 dollars so probably not worth that risk
                      Agree, lifetime ISA looks excellent, plus you get interest on top of the 25% the government throw in.

re missing the boat at bitcoin, like any investment its impossible to say that. When it rose to its initial highs a couple of years ago people said they missed the boat then - but the price now is even higher! It's a bit like house prices, a lot of people are waiting for them to crash, but even if a crash comes the prices will probably drop 20, maybe 30% max - but still higher than at its peak a few years ago!

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
                        Sensible advice. That was my approach when I bought some in July. It was about £500 a bitcoin at the time. Bought a little Ethereum too as more of a long-term bet.
                        I did purchase some ethereum as a punt as well

Comment

I did purchase some ethereum as a punt as well
                          So did - about 0.5 btc's worth at the time. Now worth less than half that, but I think it's a long game with eth.

Comment

So did - about 0.5 btc's worth at the time. Now worth less than half that, but I think it's a long game with eth.
                            I own 15 but look its a punt, blockchain will replace fiat currencies its just a matter of when.

BTC should form 10% of your 'cash' right now at least!

Comment

Would any of you buy a bitcoin today at full value?

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                                Would any of you buy a bitcoin today at full value?
                                What do you mean by 'full value'? As with any commodity, you can only buy BTC (or fractions thereof) at whatever its current exchange rate is.

But it depends if you trust W12 and Hubble's predictions that it will continue its rising trend (assuming you're only being advised by this thread). The signs are there for sure.

End of the day it's your call, and only invest in as much as you can afford to lose (as advised earlier).

Comment

Working...
                                X