Polter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
    I understand, but that's assuming he'll go 4-4-2, which is certainly not a given considering his last 2 clubs he played 4-5-1 / 4-3-3.
    Of course !! it's just my opinion that any two Idris Washington and Polter would all be better playing in a two up partnership let's fair none are hardly a Rhud Van Nistleroy who imo is the best ever player for the roll of the lone target man

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
      Agree he works hard enough but he couldn't trap a bag of cement awful touch (if he's got one)pretty poor
      Happy clapper refute.

https://youtu.be/y_gcHM0DaP4

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
        Happy clapper refute.

https://youtu.be/y_gcHM0DaP4
        still almost managed to fvck up the first one with not a defender in sight and three yards out. I've seen kids on the scrubs with better touch.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
          still almost managed to fvck up the first one with not a defender in sight and three yards out. I've seen kids on the scrubs with better touch.
          Did he fvck it up though? Ultimately, if it goes in, it goes in. I think saying his touch is bad is an overstatement. It's not great, but it's improved a lot since he first joined. He's a tall guy and it's gonna be more difficult naturally to trap the ball perfectly especially with the way the ball comes in.
          Last edited by nasser95; 18-11-2016, 08:54 PM.
          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Did he fvck it up though?
            No question. The end arguably justified the means, but it was a dog's breakfast of a finish.

On an unrelated issue. Strachan - who personally I wouldn't have managing the U11s - has been under immense pressure north of the border. The main critique is his mindless allegiance to 4-2-3-1, and the sheer predictability of that set up in this day and age. It reminded me of recent events and discussions in this part of the world.....Be interesting to see which way Olly goes. I'm guessing 4-3-3 / 4-5-1, but you never know......
            Last edited by hal9thou; 19-11-2016, 03:00 AM.

Comment

I love Polter, not the best player we've ever had but you can be damn sure he'll give it a good go. Ability-wise, I think Ollie can get more out of him. Let's give him that chance.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I get really fed up of all these fan assumptions that become FACT like polters first touch, Ned don't talk etc

Is polters first touch any worse then 90% of the rest of the squad??? I've seen ball bounce off most our players in recent times with great regularity

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                  Did he fvck it up though? Ultimately, if it goes in, it goes in. I think saying his touch is bad is an overstatement. It's not great, but it's improved a lot since he first joined. He's a tall guy and it's gonna be more difficult naturally to trap the ball perfectly especially with the way the ball comes in.
                  Yet Peter Crouch is 6ft 7 and has fantastic feet and touch.

Maybe he's just poor on the floor. That is possible you know mate.
                  Last edited by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit; 19-11-2016, 08:44 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Floyd Rabbit View Post
                    Yet Peter Crouch is 6ft 7 and has fantastic feet and touch.

Maybe he's just poor on the floor. That is possible you know mate.
                    That always baffled me about Crouch, always been better with the ball at his feet than in the air.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                      That always baffled me about Crouch, always been better with the ball at his feet than in the air.
                      He's not shabby in the air though Ginge, but I agree he's mustard on the floor. Suppose concerning the aerial issue, you could maybe put it down to lack of strength. He's hardly a lump

Comment

Polter could well benefit from a session or 3 with Ollie, think he will improve a lot.
                        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Originally posted by Hertford Hoop View Post
                          Polter could well benefit from a session or 3 with Ollie, think he will improve a lot.
                          Prophetic words. Whatever his touch, playing as a one was never going to be his strength, one of the main frustrations under JFH. The more the merrier up front with SP.

come on my team....

Comment

Superb goal when he gets going he's ####ing quick

Comment

Big man little man up front as we've been asking for.

Nice one jimmy

Comment

Thought sebs goal had abit of les ferdinand about it the way he powered through and his finish, showed some pace & power!
                                http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Working...
                                X