My personal XI is:

Cesar
    Isla Nelsen Dunne Hill
    Luongo Faurlin
    Phillips Morrison Taarabt
    Austin

Subs
    Smithies, Simpson, Onuoha, Granero, Fer, Townsend, Remy
    Good side Nas, you know my thoughts on Fer. Think I would take Loungo out, play with the 4 in the middle and put Remy upfront with Austin.IMO
    C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

Comment

Cesar
      Simmo Hall Dunne Taiwo
      Townsend Barton Faurlin Adel
      Austin Remy

Comment

Granero is one player that never lived up to the expectation...

Comment

Nas do a worst player one please mate.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
            That will be a long thread!

Comment

The very fact that the "stats" suggest that Helgusson was better than either Austin or Remy tells you everything that you need to know about the shortcomings of placing all of your faith in stats!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                The very fact that the "stats" suggest that Helgusson was better than either Austin or Remy tells you everything that you need to know about the shortcomings of placing all of your faith in stats!
                Would imagine the most important stat - goals to games - of Helguson is nowhere near Austin's (though may be close to Remy's)

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                  Would imagine the most important stat - goals to games - of Helguson is nowhere near Austin's (though may be close to Remy's)
                  Helguson's minutes per goal is 144, Austin's is 151 believe it or not and Remy's is 228 minutes. As I said before, Helguson has a higher rating because he's got a much smaller sample size and he's more involved in build up play
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                    Helguson's minutes per goal is 144, Austin's is 151 believe it or not and Remy's is 228 minutes. As I said before, Helguson has a higher rating because he's got a much smaller sample size and he's more involved in build up play
                    What it doesn't tell you is that Remy achieved that in a god awful side in the top division. As opposed to Helguson who was playing predominantly in a division below and often with Adel Taarabt tucked in behind him.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                      What it doesn't tell you is that Remy achieved that in a god awful side in the top division. As opposed to Helguson who was playing predominantly in a division below and often with Adel Taarabt tucked in behind him.
                      Nope, Helguson only had one season with TF as owner and that was in the prem... If you want something to criticise, I'd suggest taking the "Some of them were penalties" route.
                      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                        I'll try

Cesar (money...expectation...general not very good-ness)

Young R Ferdinand A Ferdinand Bosingwa

SWP Park Dyer

Johnson Campbell Maiga

Comment

Nope, Helguson only had one season with TF as owner and that was in the prem... If you want something to criticise, I'd suggest taking the "Some of them were penalties" route.
                          I'd misunderstood. The stats only started when TF came to the club? Well that's interesting that Helguson scored that highly.

Stick to my guns though that it's proof that stats on their own are misleading. No way is Helguson a better player than either Charlie or Remy.

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post
                            I'll try

Cesar (money...expectation...general not very good-ness)

Young R Ferdinand A Ferdinand Bosingwa

SWP Park Dyer

Johnson Campbell Maiga
                            I'll tell you what I'll do, because of the way I did it, I got all the players who played those positions and averaged out their minutes played in it. Anyone who played below those average minutes is discounted. Instead now, I'll just get rid of the bottom third of results. So I'll list up for everyone, every eligible player and you guys can try that too.

GK - Paddy Kenny, Julio Cesar, Rob Green, Alex Smithies
                            RB - Luke Young, Nedum Onuoha, Jose Bosingwa, Danny Simpson, Mauricio Isla and James Perch

CB - Anton Ferdinand, Clint Hill, Ryan Nelsen, Nedum Onuoha, Richard Dunne, Steven Caulker, Grant Hall (I can include Angella as he's close enough to the range)

LB - Taye Taiwo, Armand Traore, Clint Hill, Yun Suk-Young, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, James Perch, Paul Konchesky, Jake Bidwell

CM/CDM - Alejandro Faurlin, Samba Diakite, Joey Barton, Shaun Derry, Esteban Granero, Stephane Mbia, Jermaine Jenas, Tom Carroll, Karl Henry, Sandro, Massimo Luongo

LM - Adel Taarabt, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Junior Hoilett, Park Ji-Sung, Matt Phillips, Armand Traore, Niko Kranjcar, Leroy Fer, Tjaronn Chery

RM - SWP, Jamie Mackie, Andros Townsend, Junior Hoilett, Yossi Benayoun, Gary O'Neil, Matt Phillips, Eduardo Vargas, Jordan Cousins

CAM - Adel Taarabt, Junior Hoilett, Jermaine Jenas, Ravel Morrison, Niko Kranjcar, Leroy Fer, Tjaronn Chery, Massimo Luongo

ST - Heidar Helguson, Bobby Zamora, Jay Bothroyd, Djibril Cisse, Loic Remy, Andrew Johnson, Charlie Austin, Sebastian Polter, Conor Washington

Comment

I'll tell you what I'll do, because of the way I did it, I got all the players who played those positions and averaged out their minutes played in it. Anyone who played below those average minutes is discounted. Instead now, I'll just get rid of the bottom third of results. So I'll list up for everyone, every eligible player and you guys can try that too.

GK - Paddy Kenny, Julio Cesar, Rob Green, Alex Smithies
                              RB - Luke Young, Nedum Onuoha, Jose Bosingwa, Danny Simpson, Mauricio Isla and James Perch

CB - Anton Ferdinand, Clint Hill, Ryan Nelsen, Nedum Onuoha, Richard Dunne, Steven Caulker, Grant Hall (I can include Angella as he's close enough to the range)

LB - Taye Taiwo, Armand Traore, Clint Hill, Yun Suk-Young, Benoit Assou-Ekotto, James Perch, Paul Konchesky, Jake Bidwell

CM/CDM - Alejandro Faurlin, Samba Diakite, Joey Barton, Shaun Derry, Esteban Granero, Stephane Mbia, Jermaine Jenas, Tom Carroll, Karl Henry, Sandro, Massimo Luongo

LM - Adel Taarabt, Shaun Wright-Phillips, Junior Hoilett, Park Ji-Sung, Matt Phillips, Armand Traore, Niko Kranjcar, Leroy Fer, Tjaronn Chery

RM - SWP, Jamie Mackie, Andros Townsend, Junior Hoilett, Yossi Benayoun, Gary O'Neil, Matt Phillips, Eduardo Vargas, Jordan Cousins

CAM - Adel Taarabt, Junior Hoilett, Jermaine Jenas, Ravel Morrison, Niko Kranjcar, Leroy Fer, Tjaronn Chery, Massimo Luongo

ST - Heidar Helguson, Bobby Zamora, Jay Bothroyd, Djibril Cisse, Loic Remy, Andrew Johnson, Charlie Austin, Sebastian Polter, Conor Washington
                              Crikey.......that is a big old list of disappointment isn't it?!!

Comment

Kenny
                                Isla, Nelsen, Dunne, Taiwo
                                Barton, Diakite (when on loan), Faurlin
                                Adel, Austin, Remy

Comment

Working...
                                X