No announcement yet.

Our Best XI since TF took over

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Loved Paddy as a keeper regardless of his off the field when he left. Never really felt as confident with Green between the sticks and think Smithies gives us that same confidence.

Comment

Christ, we've had some shockers at LB just recently. Come to think of it RB nothing special either.

Comment

Cesar (When playing well was world class)
        Dunne Nelsen Hill (not a lot of pace but they knew how to defend and were brave too).
        Isla Taiwo as wing backs (add a bit of pace and knowhow for their role).
        Barton Faurlin as CMs (had a great partnership until the latter's ACL injury).
        Taarabt (undoubtedly a huge talent that was badly managed).
        Austin Remy (could have been a great front two had they been around at the same time).
        Green had great games too so is on the bench.
        Simpson (if playing a flat back four)
        Townsend and Phillips both just missed out due to my 3-4-1-2 formation but would play in a 442).
        Luongo (Diakite would be here had the loanee version returned on a permanent deal).
        Vargas and Helguson as back up forwards.

Comment

Originally posted by James1979 View Post
          Kenny
          Isla, Nelsen, Dunne, Taiwo
          Barton, Diakite (when on loan), Faurlin
          Adel, Austin, Remy
          I quite like that team but I think Simpson would be better as a right back than Isla was).
          I think when he played well, Cesar was World class.
          I totally agree about Diakite. The loanee was very good and the total opposite of the one who signed a permanent deal.

Comment

Cesar gave one of the best goalkeeping displays I have seen by one of our keepers when we played Arsenal in the premier league. Kenny was quality for 2 seasons and was unlucky to be replaced by green who was never a better keeper than Paddy at any point here.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
              Cesar gave one of the best goalkeeping displays I have seen by one of our keepers when we played Arsenal in the premier league. Kenny was quality for 2 seasons and was unlucky to be replaced by green who was never a better keeper than Paddy at any point here.
              i agree that Kenny was hugely unlucky and shabbily treated by Hughes as was Buzsaky (got replaced by the expensive flop, Granero).

That performamce against Arsenal by Cesar was masterclass and only beaten by a late blatantly offiside goal. He put in a few more of these performances against Chelsea and West Ham away, also Man City and Tottenham both at home under Redkrapp.

Comment

Working...
              X