LF speaks: Holloway appointment and reasons for JFH sacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
    Sorry but everything that comes out of Les's mouth confirms my opinion that he isn't yet fit for purpose.

1) Don't start talking about promotion - do not start putting pressure where no pressure needs to be.

2) No one had considered Olly until he flagged himself up? That is astounding given the fact they were selecting within tight parameters (budget, Les himself).
    At what point at all does that article say Les is talking about promotion?

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      At what point at all does that article say Les is talking about promotion?
      ref OP and video

Comment

LF continues to open up on lack of progress at QPR and forging a way to play

He told the Times:

"You can’t see it as progress because if it was, Jimmy would still be here and he’s not. We know a number of players came in the summer but when we spoke to Jimmy originally, one thing we did say was this is the group of players – can you make them better? He was adamant that he could make them better and we knew the boys we were bringing in would need developing. I think the consensus was that we haven’t made the players better.

That was what the decision was based around. It was the manner in which we were playing and whether the group of boys had developed from last year. And the answer to that was they hadn’t. We were looking for stability and that’s one word that has been spoken about a lot and we thought Jimmy would bring us that. We thought that was a part of the process. It didn’t work out how we wanted it to, unfortunately.

I think the QPR way has always been there. QPR have always been a frontfoot attacking team if you go back as far as you like to the Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh eras. I remember people saying to me they didn’t support QPR but if their team was playing away they’d come to Loftus Road. QPR has always had that way.

We’re pleased with the early signs already and the way Ian wants to play the game. He understands the football club and the fans and what was needed, so it was an obvious choice for us. As we all know it’s a results business though. Ian knows that, but we believe he’s the right man.”

Read more; http://www.kilburntimes.co.uk/sport/...nand_1_4792320

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post

It was the manner in which we were playing....

I think the QPR way has always been there. QPR have always been a frontfoot attacking team if you go back as far as you like to the Stan Bowles and Rodney Marsh eras. I remember people saying to me they didn’t support QPR but if their team was playing away they’d come to Loftus Road. QPR has always had that way.
          Which were exactly the same points being made on here re JFH. At least this time round the board didn't wait too long.

Comment

Originally posted by hal9thou View Post
            Which were exactly the same points being made on here re JFH. At least this time round the board didn't wait too long.
            This. Not one to crow, but f acking hell some of us, the majority, knew this last New Year......

QPR’s director of football Les Ferdinand has admitted the club have made no progress in the last year, after showing no signs of improvement under former boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

Can you imagine how horrible it would be if the plank were still in charge?

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
              This. Not one to crow, but f acking hell some of us, the majority, knew this last New Year......

QPR’s director of football Les Ferdinand has admitted the club have made no progress in the last year, after showing no signs of improvement under former boss Jimmy Floyd Hasselbaink.

To be fair to Les, he had been indicating for several months that things were not exactly going the way we wanted under JFH. Listen to his recent interviews.
              Last edited by jmelanie; 25-11-2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Whilst I fully agree with you, we can't criticise the board too much in this instance. We were all craving some managerial stability so had to give it a reasonable amount of time.

Fingers crossed now that things turn out the way we all hope and that Ollie leads us to another promotion within the next 2/3 seasons. No problem with waiting in the slightest, providing we get lots of entertainment and a newly found sense of togetherness.

Comment

I think most of us did, but I for one wanted stability more than anything.... Even points, unfortunatly.
                  QPR
                  Best team in the world
                  Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by brightonr View Post
                    Whilst I fully agree with you, we can't criticise the board too much in this instance. We were all craving some managerial stability so had to give it a reasonable amount of time.

Fingers crossed now that things turn out the way we all hope and that Ollie leads us to another promotion within the next 2/3 seasons. No problem with waiting in the slightest, providing we get lots of entertainment and a newly found sense of togetherness.
                    Can't see us ever having a manager for that long again.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Yep. Silly to have a pop. But I'm proud of that 95 percent vote in that poll to get shot of Jimmy. Wish he'd gone earlier. Especially before Fulham so I could have really enjoyed that victory.

Comment

I can go back to the third division south days.From then until recently when you went a goal down you knew you still had a chance of getting a goal or two back.
                        This was never the case under Ramsay or JFH. You went a goal down and you had more chance of conceding a second. The entertainment,the thrill factor wasn't there.
                        Also not sure if the Premiership is the Holy Grail. Yes,plenty of money, but plastic fans,conceited teams,and treated like criminals on away days. In a way I still
                        like my pint and a pie at Wigan or Rotherham.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                          X