No announcement yet.

LF speaks: Holloway appointment and reasons for JFH sacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sacked because of playing style seems a very legitimate reason...but didn't the management team look at how the teams had played at his previous clubs? I can't believe that, especially given he was allowed to bring so many players in, that he took at different approach at LR than he did at Burton or Royal Antwerp. Other than if you promote the youth team coach, it can't be very difficult to work out what sort of football any manager you interview is going to play.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
      If promotion was the target from the outset why has it taken them so long to realise that it would never have happened under Jimmy playing the way we were? Surely they watch the same game as the punters?
      Obviously had a bit of faith in him to turn it around, but ultimately realised enough was enough?
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
        Les Ferdinand believes the club can still get promoted, and explains the reasons for sacking Jimmy Floyd-Hasselbaink:

http://www.skysports.com/watch/video...ht-man-for-qpr
        i didn't like the fact that every time he was talking about Holloway he stared into the camera but when they were talking about jfh he kept looking away
        TWITTER
        @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
        Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Originally posted by alanfullerqpr View Post
          i didn't like the fact that every time he was talking about Holloway he stared into the camera but when they were talking about jfh he kept looking away
          Well he probably doesn't feel great about it!

Comment

Originally posted by CroydonCaptainJack View Post
            Well he probably doesn't feel great about it!
            Absolutely. Seemed to me like a very frank response from Les. Interesting how much fan discontent was acknowledged by the board.

Comment

Originally posted by Hubble View Post
              Interesting how much fan discontent was acknowledged by the board.
              Can't work out if that is a good or bad thing knowing how little patience some of the fans around me have !

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                Can't work out if that is a good or bad thing knowing how little patience some of the fans around me have !
                For anyone who hasn't read it yet I recommend Clive's latest column for an astute and often amusing insight into this latest chapter of the QPR soap opera.

Comment

For anyone who hasn't read it yet I recommend Clive's latest column for an astute and often amusing insight into this latest chapter of the QPR soap opera.
                  Yes, it´s a nice piece.
                  https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Very good article and in my opinion, spot on.

Comment

Comment

Wasn't sure what to put on my toast this morning but think I'll go for some Robertsons strawberry jam.
                        “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                        Will Danaher

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                          If promotion was the target from the outset why has it taken them so long to realise that it would never have happened under Jimmy playing the way we were? Surely they watch the same game as the punters?
                          I think they wanted to get rid sooner, however kept giving JFH chance after chance.

Comment

Ferdinand clears up rumours surrounding JFH sacking and Holloway appointment

Les Ferdinand said:

“Emotions were quite high after the Brentford game and people were going on Twitter saying all sorts of things had happened. The owners hadn't decided that they wanted to get rid of Jimmy although things weren't going in the right direction. We monitored things after the Brentford game and where we thought the club was going and what we needed to do. As always, I go into the changing rooms after the game. I went in and said to Jimmy I need to meet you at the training ground. I never come back to the training ground.

The mere fact that I said I needed to see him there I think he sussed what was going on. The rumour we sacked him five minutes after the game was absolute nonsense. The decision came at the end of the game. The owners weren't happy and it was the right time to do it, going into the international break. If there was a time to do it, this was that.

To be honest, Ian Holloway's name didn't come up for a long time until we were made aware that Ian would be interested. Last time, when we were looking for a manager, his name didn't come up as we knew he was comfortable at Sky.

The reason why his name came up was he'd promised Sky he was going to be there for a year. This time, he'd said the only club he'd leave for was QPR. We were made aware of that so contact was made. We had the conversation and what we're trying to do. He was excited by the group of players and felt he could make them better. He understands the football club and the fans and what was needed. It was an obvious choice for us."

Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...nand-12216222?

Comment

If it's true that olly said the only club he'd leave sky for is Qpr I love the bloke even more. I really hope it works out for him with us, more for him than the club truth be told. If it doesn't work out the club will move on as always, new manager etc etc
                              I'm starting to think it would all but destroy Olly though and that would be really sad.
                              Fingers crossed.
                              “He'll regret it till his dying day, if ever he lives that long”
                              Will Danaher

Comment

Sorry but everything that comes out of Les's mouth confirms my opinion that he isn't yet fit for purpose.

1) Don't start talking about promotion - do not start putting pressure where no pressure needs to be.

2) No one had considered Olly until he flagged himself up? That is astounding given the fact they were selecting within tight parameters (budget, Les himself).

Comment

Working...
                                X