The Result: Mackie and Holloway

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Del View Post
    Well Mackie's always been #### so him being #### this time was totally expected by me. Ollie's record at this level is actually excellent and he is a QPR man who did well for us as player and manager. Makes me laugh when people moan about his appointment saying we should've wasted money on people like Sherwood ffs. Tell me what the #### has he done in management other than fail??? Likewise Rowett and Clement....nothing of note. Rowett turned Birmingham around sure, but lots of managers do that at clubs but it often doesn't work elsewhere.

I'm personally chuffed Ollie's back. He will get into them, and I think with this squad will improve results. Also can't believe some say the standard of football was poor etc as a reason to avoid him.... Do you lot remember the bucket collections? That was a time when we were scraping survival and regardless he worked minor miracles and got a group of players performing and promoted back to the Championship. Had he not done that we wouldn't have ever attracted rich buyers and nay not be here today. Had season tickets back then and some of my greatest memories as a Rangers fan.

I for one can't wait to see what he can do for us with better players and an acceptable budget. He played great attacking football with Blackpool where he achieved more miracles, so expect with our squad some exciting times. In my opinion the people slating him should show him more bloody respect if nothing else. If anyone's earned it at Rangers it's Ollie, so at least wait and see before assuming the worst.
    Well said Del. Excellent post.

Comment

With all those hard fixtures coming up Ollie will indeed need our backing. Maybe we also will benefit from having a fresh Mackie back as well. Preferable as an impact sub..
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
        With all those hard fixtures coming up Ollie will indeed need our backing. Maybe we also will benefit from having a fresh Mackie back as well. Preferable as an impact sub..
        Can't see who's place he'd take on the bench tbh.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Well Mackie's always been #### so him being #### this time was totally expected by me. Ollie's record at this level is actually excellent and he is a QPR man who did well for us as player and manager. Makes me laugh when people moan about his appointment saying we should've wasted money on people like Sherwood ffs. Tell me what the #### has he done in management other than fail??? Likewise Rowett and Clement....nothing of note. Rowett turned Birmingham around sure, but lots of managers do that at clubs but it often doesn't work elsewhere.

I'm personally chuffed Ollie's back. He will get into them, and I think with this squad will improve results. Also can't believe some say the standard of football was poor etc as a reason to avoid him.... Do you lot remember the bucket collections? That was a time when we were scraping survival and regardless he worked minor miracles and got a group of players performing and promoted back to the Championship. Had he not done that we wouldn't have ever attracted rich buyers and nay not be here today. Had season tickets back then and some of my greatest memories as a Rangers fan.

I for one can't wait to see what he can do for us with better players and an acceptable budget. He played great attacking football with Blackpool where he achieved more miracles, so expect with our squad some exciting times. In my opinion the people slating him should show him more bloody respect if nothing else. If anyone's earned it at Rangers it's Ollie, so at least wait and see before assuming the worst.

Couldnt of put it better myself, according to some though like 73 we should of got rid of ollie who took us down in 10 games, just a good job the board didnt take on 73s excellent advice! also after the absolute rubbish we`ve had with jfh and other managers ollies the man to raise the bar, & bring back the passion thats been missing & pride!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Can't see who's place he'd take on the bench tbh.
            That's made me laugh not even the starting 11 but bench but I agree
            Last edited by West Acton; 13-11-2016, 07:51 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
              If its a disaster you will care Gary
              But that's only with hindsight, every manager in the world could be a disaster so lets never appoint another and have an X-factor vote for the starting 11 each week.

Comment

Pinkie, Dug the wrong one out as never mentioned Ollie and us getting relegated. Read my posts re Ollie, Was not my first choice but back him all the way and I agree totally with the point that Del made about some of the best times as a Rangers supporter. 2003/2004 and 2010/2011 were both great seasons for the club with two great seats of players who believed in the manager at that time.

Comment

welcome back olly , hurry back mackie , hope u both crack on and do well here , love both players passion for the game , people on here want to cane mackie and don't want him to do well , the player is as good as he so it's pointless slating him . get behind all our players that wear the colours

Comment

Mackie to be fair is limited but always has a go and considering some of our signings has been decent value for money over his 2 spells. Shame about the injuries but think if fit Ollie will find him a role.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                      He is here and it now makes going to games much more appealing than the past few months. Interesting to see how it goes as 2nd stints are not usually as good as the 1st but lets hope Ollie breaks the mould.
                      They're not.

But Tommy Docherty's second stint here turned out to be much longer than his first.

Comment

Lets hope that the 2nd coming is a fruitful as the 1st. At least this time he will have lots of players to choose from.

Comment

Spot on Del, great post!

Comment

Well said. Perhaps a bit harsh on Mackie, though.
                            Last edited by 1QPRDK; 13-11-2016, 08:25 PM. Reason: Mackie
                            https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by spogs View Post
                              The result of the return of Holloway will be the same as the result of the return of Mackie. The result being a disaster.
                              go and support chelsea or fulham if you are unhappy, i am sure they have room for another tw@

Comment

Originally posted by Quaz View Post
                                go and support chelsea or fulham if you are unhappy, i am sure they have room for another tw@

When quaz is calling you out on sh itposting, you know you've farked up badly with what you've said... Spogs mate, this whole thread is a bit poor
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Working...
                                X