The tipping point behind JFH's sacking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The tipping point behind JFH's sacking

When fans start voting with their feet and attendances drop due to lack of entertaining football, does this become the tipping point for owners to take action and fire the manager?

Or is it a combination of the above as well as poor results and performances on the pitch, as well as social media vociferation?

To put it more simply, if attendances had not started dropping would JFH still be the manager (despite these other factors)?

Everything, I guess. Principally poor results. And fan discontent, which the comms team report upwards. Take a bow the 95 percent of us who voted for his sacking......

Comment

What I will say about JFH is he has shown a bit of class with his comments about us yesterday.

Tip my hat to the man for that.

I know he is ex Chelsea but I wish him well.

Comment

Another recent example is last week Real Betis fans were threatening to boycott home games if Poyet wasn't sacked....Poyet has subsequently been sacked. I certainly feel fans voting with their feet is a big influence on Chairmans

Comment

When fans start leaving early and voicing there displeasure with the manager and the style of football it's the beginning of the end, once attendance's drop chairman/boards always act , when the manger loses the fans he's all but done

Comment

I think big reason is just how uninspiring he was and if we sensed it board must have too and asked question how does he motivate team

Comment

The fans were beginning to see beyond just the manager and were questioning the route and the plan the club was taking hence Ollie getting the job he is here to get the club to stop dreaming of building a premier squad but to first build one which can be a championship squad then move on to trying to become a premiership squad

Comment

Originally posted by Bigdave View Post
                What I will say about JFH is he has shown a bit of class with his comments about us yesterday.

Tip my hat to the man for that.

I know he is ex Chelsea but I wish him well.
                What was said?

Comment

I think even the board could see that he was well under achieving, we was going nowhere.

Also what Bigdave said.

Comment

Mostly due to falling attendance, I think the Brentford match was an eye opener for Tony as well! I would hope us twitter warriors weren't much of an influence because that's sketchy basing a decision on that, who knows though?
                    @gatorTFC

Comment

It was a combination of all the above, but fair play to JFH for taking it and not putting the club down.
                      Good luck to him in the future and perhaps he will learn from this experience.

Comment

I think it's results, performances, falling attendances brought on by performances but also whether he did anything wrong or not in telegraph video he was made to look like a right greedy and dishonest chap.

Comment

Tony Incenzo was asked on Talkshite on our new appointment and Jimmy getting the boot. Basically said Rangers fans are used to football a bit more entertaining than what was on show of late and he had to go
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Bit of all your examples Stanley.

At the end of the day this is an entertainment business. People want to be entertained. The football served up under him was excruciatingly boring and negative and in turn people get put off. This leads to bad feeling, people vent on social media and before you know there's a big grey cloud over the club.

Answer to your question is yes. The fans are the patrons and lifeblood of the club. We don't ask for the world, nor do we (the sensible ones) expect it either, but we do demand a certain level of football for our time, support and money.

He had to go.

Comment

Combination of results, style of play and fans staying at home, guess that would be same for every club in the land
                              I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Working...
                              X