Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A cynical ploy, a matter of expediency or a masterstroke?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Said it on another post, it's a really easy option for the board, isn't it?

It's an appointment that will be liked by a lot of the fans and accepted by the vast majority of the rest of them. And given the shambles that was Ollies last job at Millwall and the lack of interested parties ever since, I bet we got him for peanuts. Ollie won't mind that either, I'm sure he's just thrilled to be back at the club.

Personally I would have liked either Warburton or Clement. In reality though, I doubt either were ever on the cards. Warburton I don't think was even interviewed and Clement is on a good whack and in a big (albeit Assistant Manager) job at Bayern.

As Hubble said, the likes of Dougie Freedman, Ollie and Karl Robinson were probably the realistic contenders for the job.

I have realistic expectations of what to expect from this appointment. Jose Mourinho or Pep Gaurdiola Ollie is not! I don't expect to see any tactical masterstrokes any time soon. What I really hope he will be able to do is galvanise the team and get them playing with a bit of pride again. If he can manage that, steady the ship and build a platform to have a crack at the play-offs again next year, then I'll be over the moon!

Comment

Originally posted by acricketer View Post
      He's a cheap appeasement to stall for time and save money pending the OOC decision.

Happy Days

Comment

Very good post Hubs, enjoyable to read mate.

For me I love the old "Loftus road is our cave" mentality, us and the players and management being in it together and trying to stick it up the so called big boys, absolutely love that and believe Holloway with his enthusiasm and passion can bring that again.

As much as at the time signing players like Granero from Real Madrid was exciting it never really sat well with me because that wasn't what my QPR were about so maybe I'm clinging on to the hope that Ollie can rekinder those great days but I'm really excited about the rest of the season now when this time last week I was bored with it all.

Comment

Working...
        X